TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

Default Re: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    You guys in the “they aren’t good” crowd are adorable. Not smart...but adorable.
    uga is good but next year better, don't forget their freshman big who was 7-7, mostly dunks, we had no answer for him. Yes Half I loved their little point guard, he played fundamentally sound and quick.

Half was right on the money with his preview. We had no answer for Wheeler’s quickness, I was sittings close to the floor and he is the quickest guy I have seen play. We should have run some set plays for Ike down the stretch, but a good game and effort overall

I suppose we should all fall in line and become Georgia Sourhern Bulldogs!

4. Default Re: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

I went to game. UGA not that good is accurate by whoever said it. I felt like we were better team tonight. When we went to zone, it worked. Not sure why we went back to man to man. That hurt us. We will win a good number of conference games this year. Overall pleased with what I saw.

Quan,Calvin and McCadden were 3-21......

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    McCadden, Wishart and Jackson were 3-21 from the field tonight. In short, difference in game.
    +1, Carter had 2 points. Our zone was very good again. If we shot better and played with more focus, I agree we win by 10. A good basketball team beats UGA by 10 tonight. To be honest I'm discusted tonight. Up by 7 in second half, then we start playing out of control looked like a bad Rec team playing a pickup game. Can't shoot a lick from 3, neither can UGA but they produced big time in points in the paint. Our big men disappeared in the second half. Just so frustrating to see us play so out of control and wonder why we never win the "big ones". Hate to say it cause I love these kids but it's the same old same old. We had multiple attempts to expand half time lead, should have been up by 9 at half, but "empty" possession after possession. Same in 2nd half opportunity after opportunity to expand lead but TO's, crap shooting.. Yep, Garns ain't happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Large Marge View Post
    I went to game. UGA not that good is accurate by whoever said it. I felt like we were better team tonight. When we went to zone, it worked. Not sure why we went back to man to man. That hurt us. We will win a good number of conference games this year. Overall pleased with what I saw.
    Large, glad you were pleased, I wasn't we blew it. We got some guys who need to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Quan,Calvin and McCadden were 3-21......
    and don't forget 2 of the 3 played out of control tonight too. Not sure what's going on with Quan this season.

9. Default Re: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

When the ball isnt with DLJ, Ike’s or wisharts hands, we are prone to turn it over. We get sloppy. But again, I like what I saw overall and really can’t wait to see how we do remainder of the year. I am optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Maybe I watched the wrong game. UGA has lost four games and if we had some shooters, we would have won by 10. In years past, Ga State and Mercer handled UGA teams like this. Not impressed at all.

As for us, if some of our guys practice shooting, especially 3s, and quit the showboating and playing out of control, we may have another shot to finish in top echelon of the conference.
    +1000, I could care less about SB, I just want to see a GS team under CB win a game that counts, a "big game", a SB Championship and a NCAA bid. No reason we shouldn't have won this game tonight, NCAA Tournament teams win this game tonight.