TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93

Thread: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

  1. #1

    Default MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

    Thoughts? Injuries?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    29,408

    Default Re: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

    Not a game we "should" win but it is a game we can win. I haven't watched too much of either team this year but I have watched some of both. The obvious is we can't let the Edwards kid go off. But they also have a little freshman guard (Wheeler) that I'm worried is going to give us fits. He's not a very good shooter but he is QUICK. He's shooting 62% from inside the arc and averages 5 assist per game in only 26 minutes. So he's penetrating and either finishing an easy shot or dishing it for an assist once the defense rotates. Garns is going to love this kid. Even our best defenders will struggle staying in front of him, but if we play our usual switching man to man it could get bad. We are also going to have to keep Hammonds off the offensive glass.

    The flip side is outside of Edwards, Wheeler, and Hammonds they don't have much. Tyree Crump is Curtis Diamond 2.0 Kid is a 32% three point shooter jacking up almost 8 3's a game. They also don't have a ton of size so we should be able to use our athleticism to penetrate and take advantage of that.

    One other thing...it could be brick city tonight. Neither team shoots the 3 well. We are 146th in the country at 34% and they are even worse at 288th at 30%. Crazy thing is despite that we are averaging almost 80 a game and they are just north of 80. So expect points to still be scored tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Not a game we "should" win but it is a game we can win. I haven't watched too much of either team this year but I have watched some of both. The obvious is we can't let the Edwards kid go off. But they also have a little freshman guard (Wheeler) that I'm worried is going to give us fits. He's not a very good shooter but he is QUICK. He's shooting 62% from inside the arc and averages 5 assist per game in only 26 minutes. So he's penetrating and either finishing an easy shot or dishing it for an assist once the defense rotates. Garns is going to love this kid. Even our best defenders will struggle staying in front of him, but if we play our usual switching man to man it could get bad. We are also going to have to keep Hammonds off the offensive glass.

    The flip side is outside of Edwards, Wheeler, and Hammonds they don't have much. Tyree Crump is Curtis Diamond 2.0 Kid is a 32% three point shooter jacking up almost 8 3's a game. They also don't have a ton of size so we should be able to use our athleticism to penetrate and take advantage of that.

    One other thing...it could be brick city tonight. Neither team shoots the 3 well. We are 146th in the country at 34% and they are even worse at 288th at 30%. Crazy thing is despite that we are averaging almost 80 a game and they are just north of 80. So expect points to still be scored tonight.
    What's the injury situation?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    29,408

    Default Re: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    What's the injury situation?

    We probably have some (smile)

    In all seriousness your guess is as good as mine. I don't think Byington has come out and spoken about them has he? Maybe somebody else on here can fill us in.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  5. #5

    Default Re: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

    Crawley was back on Saturday and looked pretty good, although he looked winded at times. He still made probably the biggest play of the game with a crucial OR and put back. With him back, that means the lineup is complete again. That doesn't mean there aren't nagging issues here and there, but every team deals with those.

    As for tonight... it's the Eagles' 3rd game in 5 days, so I expect them to show some fatigue and sloppiness. Those were two hard fought grinders on Thursday and Saturday. The good news is they won both conference games, so maybe tonight they can relax and have fun.

  6. #6

    Default Re: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

    Awesome news. Beating thUGA at anything is awesome, so let's do it!

  7. #7

    Default Re: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

    Let me tell you what is going to happen -

    We'll shoot around 20-30% from 3, and as the game wears on we will feel more pressure and put up worse looks.

    We'll be outrebounded 2:1, 3:1 on the offensive boards.

    We'll still be in the game in the 4th quarter but will never be able to take the final lead.

  8. #8

    Default Re: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Let me tell you what is going to happen -

    We'll shoot around 20-30% from 3, and as the game wears on we will feel more pressure and put up worse looks.

    We'll be outrebounded 2:1, 3:1 on the offensive boards.


    We'll still be in the game in the 4th quarter but will never be able to take the final lead.
    We're gonna win. Write it down.

  9. #9

    Default Re: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

    We'll dig ourselves in a big hole in the first half, win the second half, and lose the game.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  10. #10

    Default Re: MBB Eagles vs. thUGA tonight @7:00

    The refs are killing us. This is officiating is as bad as I’ve ever seen.





    I just wanted to be the first to post about it in this thread.

    Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

Similar Threads

  1. Eagles on NBC Nightly News Tonight
    By Casey Jones in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 13th August 2013, 07:20 AM
  2. Lady Eagles had a big win tonight.
    By eagle_GT in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th February 2011, 02:17 AM
  3. Lady Eagles and Mountaineers Tip at 5 p.m. Tonight
    By EagleInfo in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th January 2011, 11:14 AM
  4. Eagles vs. Western Carolina tonight
    By BowlingGreenEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 9th January 2011, 07:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •