TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 214

Thread: Ideas for New AD.....

  1. #21

    Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    does this have anything to do with chicken?
    no

    nor Shane’s Rib Shack
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    46,251

    Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

    Quote Originally Posted by gsueagle82 View Post
    I have one thing the new AD needs to do... If the head coach leaves for another job at the end of the season, donít hire a head coach until you see how the interim coach does in the bowl game. The colossal mistake of TKís tenure was hiring Summers a couple of days before our bowl game in Mobile. In his heart of hearts if he had one do over and he was willing to admit it... I would imagine that would be it. Imagine if we would have kept Dell given how hard the players played for him that night in Mobile. What was the rush? That was a bone head mistake made by a stubborned inexperienced AD who did not like the fact thatís who Fritz wanted to get the job Think of it another way...App just lost their coach for a second straight year under the same exact circumstances... and hired their interim head coach BEFORE the bowl game and listened to their players. TK did not and and took us from right there with APP program wise to now playing catch up. Glad his egotistical road show is heading to Oxford.
    Just remember at the time Dell was like 5 years removed from high school coaching. He also had the benefit of the entire Fritz staff staying on for the bowl game. Do you think someone with that little experience would be able to pull a staff together? Also here is a fact, 5 years later and Dell has yet to be named a single time in any head coaching rumor. Also let's not forget this was our very first bowl game ever, the team was fired up and wanted to make history. At the time Dell was not the right choice. Today? A better choice now that's got SEC experience under his belt.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  3. #23

    Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

    Idea for new AD?, get and keep Bohannons phone number close, like in the upper drawer of your office desk.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,654

    Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Just remember at the time Dell was like 5 years removed from high school coaching. He also had the benefit of the entire Fritz staff staying on for the bowl game. Do you think someone with that little experience would be able to pull a staff together? Also here is a fact, 5 years later and Dell has yet to be named a single time in any head coaching rumor. Also let's not forget this was our very first bowl game ever, the team was fired up and wanted to make history. At the time Dell was not the right choice. Today? A better choice now that's got SEC experience under his belt.
    He's also getting paid more as UGA's RB coach than he'd make at HC of quite a few G5 schools, with a lot less responsibility and he's still in Georgia.

    When he wants to branch out I'm sure there'll be opportunities.


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    4,116

    Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    So, I was being facetious.
    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Idea for new AD?, get and keep Bohannons phone number close, like in the upper drawer of your office desk.
    I think you should keep his PH. for the next HC if we dont turn things around in 2 years!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

  6. Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

    My vote is Jay Jacobs... he interviewed here when we hired Sam and didn't get it, obviously, but went on to be Auburn's AD for almost 15 years, retiring with over 30 years at Auburn total. He didn't like being retired and UF hired him to be an Assistant AD. The reason I think he is even a possibility is his wife is from Claxton, originally and might want, need to get back to this area for her mother who is getting older.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pooler, GA
    Posts
    4,270

    Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

    Quote Originally Posted by claxtoneagle View Post
    My vote is Jay Jacobs... he interviewed here when we hired Sam and didn't get it, obviously, but went on to be Auburn's AD for almost 15 years, retiring with over 30 years at Auburn total. He didn't like being retired and UF hired him to be an Assistant AD. The reason I think he is even a possibility is his wife is from Claxton, originally and might want, need to get back to this area for her mother who is getting older.

    Looks like a NCAA violation waiting to happen:
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tiple-scandals

  8. #28

    Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    1. Stop Kirby Smart from planting another coach to destroy our program.

    2. Get rid of the crooked officials.

    3. Hire a head coach that will stop with all the damn onside kicks!
    Great list. But add: "Stop throwing away the damn first series."

  9. #29

    Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

    Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    if the new ad canít get the Dawgs to Paulson theyíll be an epic failure. Change my mind.
    $

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,806

    Default Re: Ideas for New AD.....

    Quote Originally Posted by gsueagle82 View Post
    I have one thing the new AD needs to do... If the head coach leaves for another job at the end of the season, donít hire a head coach until you see how the interim coach does in the bowl game. The colossal mistake of TKís tenure was hiring Summers a couple of days before our bowl game in Mobile. In his heart of hearts if he had one do over and he was willing to admit it... I would imagine that would be it. Imagine if we would have kept Dell given how hard the players played for him that night in Mobile. What was the rush? That was a bone head mistake made by a stubborned inexperienced AD who did not like the fact thatís who Fritz wanted to get the job Think of it another way...App just lost their coach for a second straight year under the same exact circumstances... and hired their interim head coach BEFORE the bowl game and listened to their players. TK did not and and took us from right there with APP program wise to now playing catch up. Glad his egotistical road show is heading to Oxford.
    Their interim coach was more than 4 or 5 years removed from being a high school coach and had been a long time Appy assistant that was a known commodity. Dell did not have the resume to be a head coach yet when Fritz left.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Similar Threads

  1. ODU Sign Ideas
    By GSUfanforever in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 6th December 2012, 04:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •