https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401174784

*** 10 team assists vs 7 turnovers!

McCadden with

11 pts
    5 Rebs
    6 Assts
    3 Stls

Halfway to a Triple-Double
    Last edited by eagle95; 9th January 2020 at 07:54 PM.

Default Re: MBB vs Warhawks

Just for the record...halftime...Ga.State 47, Cajuns 19.

53-39 Eagles with 11:54 remaining

63-46 good guys with 6:26 remaining

Triple-Double watch ...

** No Eagle ever reported with one

Elijah McCadden with the following stats

13 Points
    9 Rebounds
    7 Assists
    3 Steals
    1 Block

Eagles win 67-56

No Trip-Dub for McCadden but had a great all-around game nonetheless.

6. Default Re: MBB vs Warhawks

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Got the win, but what an ugly finish. Went like the last 7 minutes without a point.
    5 minutes. Yeah, that was ugly, hopefully it’s only because he game was decided.

UALR loses to Troy

Crawled, Carter and Dawkins played great, McCadden was the spark. Quan had some good moments. Offensive rebounds, GS 15, ULM 7. Our paint play was the difference, we still shot like poop from 3. Regarding the slow down offense, my God we still have work to do on that. CB has them spread the floor, with 8-9 seconds on shot clock has who ever has ball at point dribble to hoop after CB sends big to set high pick, drive isn't there kick it out for low percentage 30 foot'er. Remember what I posted, 2 objectives in slowing it down with lead, 1) run time off clock. 2) SCORE. Please CB, set something up that involves getting the ball in the paint. We were very lucky, ULM has no 3 point shooters or this game could have gone down to the final seconds, our offense the last 5-7 minutes(slow down/half court) was putrid. We got the win, got a brake Little Rock laid an egg, we are back in it.

GagState took their frustrations out on UL. I would like to think we did the same last night but I just saw the worst ULM team in a while and we couldnt finish well against them. I am a CB fan but that slow down offense when the team has not been finishing we’ll just doesn’t make sense. Maybe he is trying to find somebody who can make something happen. I would have thought Ike would be a good candidate but he is struggling in that role. Oh well...lot of basketball to play. See you Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Crawled, Carter and Dawkins played great, McCadden was the spark. Quan had some good moments. Offensive rebounds, GS 15, ULM 7. Our paint play was the difference, we still shot like poop from 3. Regarding the slow down offense, my God we still have work to do on that. CB has them spread the floor, with 8-9 seconds on shot clock has who ever has ball at point dribble to hoop after CB sends big to set high pick, drive isn't there kick it out for low percentage 30 foot'er. Remember what I posted, 2 objectives in slowing it down with lead, 1) run time off clock. 2) SCORE. Please CB, set something up that involves getting the ball in the paint. We were very lucky, ULM has no 3 point shooters or this game could have gone down to the final seconds, our offense the last 5-7 minutes(slow down/half court) was putrid. We got the win, got a brake Little Rock laid an egg, we are back in it.
    +1
    our slow down, started to soon. I understand what CB is doing, but we need to start running our play (if you can call it a play) with 15 seconds on the clock instead of 10. The last minutes of the game were painful to watch. Looked like the offense CY ran. Fans are going to start hitting the exists early if we stop playing at the end of games.

Looking back over stat sheets, CB had excellent defensive plan drawn up. We played a soft 1-2-2 zone trap and out of that fell back while maintaining pressure on 3 point line, we took the 3 point shot away and our bigs did a solid job defending the paint. Defense won the game because Crawley, Carter while they combined for high FG% and McCadden shot/played well. Dawkins gave some Quality minutes, i.e. Defending and getting to line, the rest again shot poorly. Quan did get 3 offensive rebounds. We overall shot like crap except for Crawley, Carter, McCadden. Ike, Calvin, DL, Quan need to start making shots. Regarding our "slow down", simple, IMO. Draw up plays off of it that passes ball into the paint not dribbles ball into paint(you still if need be can kick ball out for our famous 3 point bomb shot.)