TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Radio....

Default Re: Radio....

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    You don't fix it by giving **** away. You fix it by making the experience of a game better than the alternative.

You're fighting HD tv with the ability to watch multiple games at once with rewind capability to create your own instant replay, beer/snacks at cheap prices, a nice bathroom where you don't have to fight people...not to mention you're not sweating your *** off or dealing with rain or freezing cold.The problem is there are alternatives to attending a game.

Before all of our games were streamed/televised, you had to BE there to see it. It was hard to really see good highlights anywhere. For better or worse, making all of our games easier to see when you're not in the stadium is contributing to people not putting the same level of effort into attendance.

You have to make the gameday experience one that encourages returning, where people can experience something that makes them keep coming back. You don't do that with giveaways....that's just something you can do instead of that stupid Hair Guitar crap someone thought was a brilliant idea.

Adding WiFi was a GREAT move to make it easier to attend games and not experience a loss of what you have outside the game. We've just got to make it work and actually provide that benefit to everyone in the stadium as intended.You need ideas to fix the gameday experience, not just give stuff away.
    This is more in tune with my line of thought. Sending emails to people who already attend games is not bring new base in the gate.

GSUDarlin has already shown weakness in marketing by revealing the Tv show. Surprise on here by some of our most loyal fans shows we don't even mmarket to them. How long would it take to announce this two to four times a game? 4 fifteen second spots.

GSUdarlin GATA.
    "If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”
    Tom Krause
    "If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, NOT the GOAL!" Anon.

I live outside Atlanta and listen to 92.9 The Game daily. One thing I'd like is for our fans to make some noise on social media with some of their hosts so they begin giving us a little recognition. That's not something the school would ever get involved in, but with the number of fans in the area they need to know that we are listening.

During our first two years in the Sun Belt, we were a regular topic of discussion for them. Willie Fritz had a weekly interview with Dukes & Bell, and the other shows were providing coverage as well. It was easy for them to justify back then, because we had close calls against NCSU, Ga Tech & UGA, plus we had an undefeated conference championship.

But ever since the Summers hire, it's like crickets on their station. John Fricke on the morning show is about the only one who ever mentions us. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that they are now the "official" station for Gag State, but with the number of alumni and fans in the area I wish folks would be vocal enough for them to see that those of us still listening would love to hear a little coverage about our team.
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Well.....

Let's see....

A few years ago, we had at least two or three radio stations in ATL. We had a televised weekly national show.

Now, we are streaming only. For the 8th largest market in the country-where we have a couple hundred thousand alums.....

So. Yeah. I'd say that's not super.
    more of your BS with no basis in reality
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Radio network needs a lot of improvement but I give credit to Danny Reed and Harvo for a job well done with broadcasts. As for the network, you can’t get a lot of the games on the stations they list. The postgame show has been really bad for several years and only after they were called out this past season did it improve oh so slightly - WIXV I-95 in Savannah cut away early playing music over the postgame crew.

Producers need to make improvements in content, quality and the network carriers. I grade the effort on an FBS level at D minus. Quit the folly on the postgame show. Sounds like a lot of high school jibberish! Analyze the game and conduct some meaningful interviews and ask questions that give insight as to what happened during the game.
    Last edited by birdseye; 26th January 2020 at 12:20 AM.

5. Default Re: Radio....

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Radio network needs a lot of improvement but I give credit to Danny Reed and Harvo for a job well done with broadcasts. As for the network, you can’t get a lot of the games on the stations they list. The postgame show has been really bad for several years and only after they were called out this past season did it improve oh so slightly - WIXV I-95 in Savannah cut away early playing music over the postgame crew.

Producers need to make improvements in content, quality and the network carriers. I grade the effort on an FBS level at D minus. Quit the folly on the postgame show. Sounds like a lot of high school jibberish! Analyze the game and conduct some meaningful interviews and ask questions that give insight as to what happened during the game.
    I've only caught the postgame a couple of times, but It's disorganized and just bad.

Why aren't they doing stats/highlights/etc? What's the purpose of the show-just to burn some air time and throw out a zillion ads?

Seems to me like it's going on without a formal script or any kind of planning.

These days-with the instant availability of stats/highlights from any smart phone, why they don't just hit that stuff is a mystery.

Hopefully, some advertisers will cause a stink. Probably the only way it will get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post

I thought Danny asked CB some pretty good point blank questions last night, Danny brought up Gags trap/press, missed FT's, came right out and asked, "with 14 point lead, 13 minutes to go. What Happened?" To be straight up honest, CB kind of threw the kids under the bus. I thought he'd at least suggest HE has to do a better job.

7. Default Re: Radio....

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I thought Danny asked CB some pretty good point blank questions last night, Danny brought up Gags trap/press, missed FT's, came right out and asked, "with 14 point lead, 13 minutes to go. What Happened?" To be straight up honest, CB kind of threw the kids under the bus. I thought he'd at least suggest HE has to do a better job.
    Thats uncool.

We obviously have a problem finishing games.

Any good leader always praises in public/scolds in private.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I've only caught the postgame a couple of times, but It's disorganized and just bad.

Why aren't they doing stats/highlights/etc? What's the purpose of the show-just to burn some air time and throw out a zillion ads?

Seems to me like it's going on without a formal script or any kind of planning.

These days-with the instant availability of stats/highlights from any smart phone, why they don't just hit that stuff is a mystery.

Hopefully, some advertisers will cause a stink. Probably the only way it will get fixed.
    They do provide stats and highlights & discuss the game. They also take questions/comments from Twitter or the text line.

Sometimes the gaps for ads are because they are waiting for Chad (or Byington if it's a rare time that Tv or someone grab him)or they didn't get enough breaks in during the game and want to make sure to get the spots in before the broadcast ends.

One game, they ended up having technical issues postgame due to the rain, so had to handle that before they could get the interview portion back on the air

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    What’s a summary of the actual words said?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

10. Default Re: Radio....

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    They do provide stats and highlights & discuss the game. They also take questions/comments from Twitter or the text line.

Sometimes the gaps for ads are because they are waiting for Chad (or Byington if it's a rare time that Tv or someone grab him)or they didn't get enough breaks in during the game and want to make sure to get the spots in before the broadcast ends.

One game, they ended up having technical issues postgame due to the rain, so had to handle that before they could get the interview portion back on the air
    Seems very disorganized.

A good post game show winds up covering pretty much the same info as a newspaper article would the next day.

Ours just seemed like at least 60% ads and kind of degenerates into a radio version of “pull my finger.”

The pre game show is fine. Not sure why the post game show leaves the tracks.