TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 86

Thread: Radio....

  1. Default Re: Radio....

    I am not opposed of more coverage for the program, but I don’t mind if we aren’t spinning our wheels trying to reach people via terrestrial radio that would rather be in a deer stand on game day. JMHO

  2. Default Re: Radio....

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I am not opposed of more coverage for the program, but I don’t mind if we aren’t spinning our wheels trying to reach people via terrestrial radio that would rather be in a deer stand on game day. JMHO

    It's called multi-tasking.

    I know a metric s-ton of people who don't physically go to anyone's games, but they will listen every weekend.

    In fact, I'm having a pretty hard time thinking of more than two of my ThUGA friends who have attended a game of theirs in person last season. But they all watch or listen. From wherever they happen to be.

    I very much enjoy being at a game in person, but some people are happy as clams with a radio or podcast. (IDK how many people I'd say are happy with ESPN3 or ESPN+ broadcasts, but that's beside the point.)

    Atlanta is like the #8 radio market in the country. And the majority of our alums are there.

    Clearly we are not doing something right when we have zero availability.

    Perhaps the new AD will think of something.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta/Brookhaven
    Posts
    1,002

    Default Re: Radio....

    Of all the things we need to do, building some glorious radio network seems like the least of our worries.

  4. Default Re: Radio....

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    It's called multi-tasking.

    I know a metric s-ton of people who don't physically go to anyone's games, but they will listen every weekend.

    In fact, I'm having a pretty hard time thinking of more than two of my ThUGA friends who have attended a game of theirs in person last season. But they all watch or listen. From wherever they happen to be.

    I very much enjoy being at a game in person, but some people are happy as clams with a radio or podcast. (IDK how many people I'd say are happy with ESPN3 or ESPN+ broadcasts, but that's beside the point.)

    Atlanta is like the #8 radio market in the country. And the majority of our alums are there.

    Clearly we are not doing something right when we have zero availability.

    Perhaps the new AD will think of something.
    But we don’t have “zero availability,” we have several platforms for people to consume the games. I rarely physically attend a game, but I never miss one. I may be in the minority here, but I don’t think Atlanta radio should be a priority for our AD.

  5. #15

    Default Re: Radio....

    Zero availability. That's like saying you couldn't fill your car up because every pump you pulled up to at the gas station was on the wrong side.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,727

    Default Re: Radio....

    terrestrial radio is dead. You don't spend time hitching up a wagon to a dead horse. 99% of everyone carries a phone in their hand everywhere they go. They can listen to the games on multiple platforms directly from their phones. if they are somewhere that they don't have phone service, they are also going to be somewhere that they most likely will have no radio service from an Atlanta station.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  7. Default Re: Radio....

    Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Zero availability. That's like saying you couldn't fill your car up because every pump you pulled up to at the gas station was on the wrong side.
    No.

    It’s like saying we are doing a crap job getting the broadcasts out-because we are.

    (Top ten active market in the country with the clear majority of that base residing in the metro area. Yep. Nothing to see here. Move along.)

  8. #18

    Default Re: Radio....

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    No.

    It’s like saying we are doing a crap job getting the broadcasts out-because we are.

    (Top ten active market in the country with the clear majority of that base residing in the metro area. Yep. Nothing to see here. Move along.)
    Do you really think Georgia Southern doesn’t care that they aren’t on the radio in Atlanta? What seems more likely, radio stations weren’t making enough money to justify paying for the rights, or that Georgia Southern just decided they didn’t want to be on the Atlanta station? If stations felt like there were enough people listening to convince advertisers to buy time they would. And if Georgia Southern could get a station to buy the rights at a price that wouldn’t upset stations that do buy the rights they would love nothing more than to make that deal.

  9. #19

    Default Re: Radio....

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    No.

    It’s like saying we are doing a crap job getting the broadcasts out-because we are.

    (Top ten active market in the country with the clear majority of that base residing in the metro area. Yep. Nothing to see here. Move along.)
    You are extremely obtuse.
    Tenacious, I'll give you that.

    GS Radio is available to about 99% of the entire country if they want it. People are not not listening because they can't get it. They are not listening because they have zero interest.

    If you want to hear a certain song right now, know the local weather right now, etc......how do you go about it?
    Turn on the radio and hope to hear it?

  10. Default Re: Radio....

    Am I misremembering?

    Didn't we have about three ATL stations carrying our games just a few years back?

    (I like outside ATL radio range, but I sure thought we had this market covered just a few years back.)

Similar Threads

  1. radio?
    By Venaros in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30th August 2014, 10:03 AM
  2. Radio app, again?
    By SCV Camp Davis in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 1st October 2011, 12:22 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31st August 2010, 11:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •