TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Claydus View Post
    So you rather play Samford, Citadel, or some other FCS school that no one cares about in the world of football and have lackluster attendance from the visiting team? Pay this FCS to come to town and give an FCS team the opportunity to beat us in our stadium?

Or we rather have a decent opponent come to town, have a chance to beat said opponent, generate some revenue for the community, create some excitement about a game, have a fully packed stadium with an awesome atmosphere for the fans/students/recruits, and make some headlines in the region (even if we don't win).

I see your point.... yeah let's play an FCS school... why not...?
    It's not an either or. That's not the argument. All any of are saying is that 2-1's don't make financial sense. I'd love to play a P5 at home in a H&H or a H&H with a third pay day, but I'm not giving away a potential of $3M payday for two games in order to get about $250K in extra ticket sales for ONE game.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    UNC went to Bowl game and won. Playing University of North Carolina or South Carolina at Paulson would be GREAT period. Might even get people talking.
    no one has said it wouldn't be. We are simply saying we shouldn't mortgage the farm just to say that we have.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    You keep the FCS and the money game.

You lose the G5 home/away game for that year and it's replaced with the second P5 in your h/h arrangement.
    I don’t think you get paid for the away game if the agree to a home/home.

Unless I’m misunderstanding you.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I don’t think you get paid for the away game if the agree to a home/home.

Unless I’m misunderstanding you.
    No.

I'm saying you don't lose your one off money game if you get a P5 h/h. You just play two P5s.

You drop an OOC G5 from the schedule instead. Right now we're scheduling for: FCS, P5 money game, two G5s home and away. With a P5 home game, you'd lose one of the G5s. You just have to play 2 P5s in two different years.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    No.

I'm saying you don't lose your one off money game if you get a P5 h/h. You just play two P5s.

You drop an OOC G5 from the schedule instead. Right now we're scheduling for: FCS, P5 money game, two G5s home and away. With a P5 home game, you'd lose one of the G5s. You just have to play 2 P5s in two different years.
    That is actually an excellent point. We will play 2 P5’s in that scenario. But it will feel like we are leaving money on the table by not being paid for 2 P5’s but only 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Eagle View Post
    That is actually an excellent point. We will play 2 P5’s in that scenario. But it will feel like we are leaving money on the table by not being paid for 2 P5’s but only 1
    we're not leaving money on the table if the other P5 is a H&H. It's no different financially to have a H&H G5 or a H&H P5.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    we're not leaving money on the table if the other P5 is a H&H. It's no different financially to have a H&H G5 or a H&H P5.
    I said it will “feel” like we are leaving money on the table - playing two P5’s in a season for the price of one.

Don’t get me wrong. I get it. As long as we are replacing a P5 for a G5 and we still play a money game, then it works. But some will think playing a P5 without “sacrificial lamb” compensation feels like a waste.

I know our fans will be giddy to play a P5 at home... as in “We belong now!!”

8. Default Re: State Announces Home and Home with Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Eagle View Post
    I said it will “feel” like we are leaving money on the table - playing two P5’s in a season for the price of one.

Don’t get me wrong. I get it. As long as we are replacing a P5 for a G5 and we still play a money game, then it works. But some will think playing a P5 without “sacrificial lamb” compensation feels like a waste.

I know our fans will be giddy to play a P5 at home... as in “We belong now!!”
    Or some of our fans realize maybe some of the close losses we have to P5s go the other way if we have the Power of Paulson in our favor as Lunsford calls it.