TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: Next years OOC schedule

  1. #11

    Default Re: Next years OOC schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Give them the link to Saban talking about how tough it was to beat us by 24 points in 2011! And we almost beat Ga Tech, NC State, UGA, and Minnesota, and Oregon State that one time!
    And let's not FORGET...Runts try harder!!!

  2. Default Re: Next years OOC schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    And let's not FORGET...Runts try harder!!!
    But only for Erk (and Willie.)

  3. #13

    Default Re: Next years OOC schedule

    and remind them how we played the eventual national champ 2 years in a row. That will certainly scare opposing fan bases.

  4. #14

    Default Re: Next years OOC schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    and remind them how we got beat soundly by Clemson in 2018 and skull drug by LSU in 2019. That will certainly scare opposing fan bases.
    FIFY

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    4,087

    Default Re: Next years OOC schedule

    Stop talking about it and do it.

    Thats right we cant until after spring and summer practice & even then we wont know until after the first 2 games.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  6. #16

    Default Re: Next years OOC schedule

    On a scale of 1-10 this thread makes me sick. I think our OOC scheduling the next several years is fantastic. I just don’t get the constant negativity.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,578

    Default Re: Next years OOC schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by gsufanatic View Post
    On a scale of 1-10 this thread makes me sick. I think our OOC scheduling the next several years is fantastic. I just don’t get the constant negativity.
    You don't understand the sarcasm in this thread then.

    I don't see any complaints about the schedule in this thread, at all.


  8. #18

    Default Re: Next years OOC schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    You don't understand the sarcasm in this thread then.

    I don't see any complaints about the schedule in this thread, at all.
    There literally isn't a single complaint about the schedule.

  9. Default Re: Next years OOC schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Give them the link to Saban talking about how tough it was to beat us by 24 points in 2011! And we almost beat Ga Tech, NC State, UGA, and Minnesota, and Oregon State that one time!
    I’m so tired of “almost.”

    Means absolutely nothing.

    We have all the tools we need to beat places like Ole Miss and Minn. Just gotta play smart, clean, and most importantly-be aggressive.

    I despise our current playcalling. It’s like we bust out 5 aggressive plays with explosive potential every game. The whole rest of the game we dive like freaking Flipper or get Double Stuffed trying to stretch the edge.

    We need a Co-OC. Someone with some damned guts. Someone who can channel PJ. That man had guts on top of guts

    I also hate seeing us surrender on 4th and short. We absolutely must be more aggressive!

    One factor for this season is that our defense probably won’t be as great. 2018 was probably the best GS defense in history. 2019 was good, but not as good. Without Vildor and Brinson, we are likely to see it trending more toward average. Defense kept us in games-despite anemic offense. That may not be possible this season.

    We must get back to the kind of offense GS is known for. And freaking run it right!! None of this checking out on 4th and short with good field position. None of this playcalling like we are scared we might actually do something good. We used to be a smash mouth team and everyone knew it. Lately we been looking like we are scared to offend anyone by actually playing mean and aggressively

  10. #20

    Default Re: Next years OOC schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I’m so tired of “almost.”

    Means absolutely nothing.

    We have all the tools we need to beat places like Ole Miss and Minn. Just gotta play smart, clean, and most importantly-be aggressive.

    I despise our current playcalling. It’s like we bust out 5 aggressive plays with explosive potential every game. The whole rest of the game we dive like freaking Flipper or get Double Stuffed trying to stretch the edge.

    We need a Co-OC. Someone with some damned guts. Someone who can channel PJ. That man had guts on top of guts

    I also hate seeing us surrender on 4th and short. We absolutely must be more aggressive!

    One factor for this season is that our defense probably won’t be as great. 2018 was probably the best GS defense in history. 2019 was good, but not as good. Without Vildor and Brinson, we are likely to see it trending more toward average. Defense kept us in games-despite anemic offense. That may not be possible this season.

    We must get back to the kind of offense GS is known for. And freaking run it right!! None of this checking out on 4th and short with good field position. None of this playcalling like we are scared we might actually do something good. We used to be a smash mouth team and everyone knew it. Lately we been looking like we are scared to offend anyone by actually playing mean and aggressively
    That 2018 defense actually isn't even in the top 10 of GS defenses all time if you go by yards per game (27th) or yards per play (27th).

    Distinction of best GS defense ever is probably 1988.
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; 1st February 2020 at 09:57 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th February 2019, 09:51 PM
  2. 30 Years Ago...
    By GSUfanforever in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26th May 2011, 12:01 AM
  3. GSU in 10 years
    By BowlingGreenEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2nd September 2009, 10:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •