TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Someone to remember

Default Re: Someone to remember

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Something that struck me watching that video, on the pass plays, how clean were most of those pockets??? I don't think Shai has had ONE of those in three years
    Yep.

Teams wanted him to throw the ball. But what I noticed was how many down field blocks you see in it. Foster was awesome, and even thought he won the Payton I still think he is the most wasted player in Southern's history, but look at some of those blocks. Also there were a bunch of really good effort catches where the guys held on to the ball.
    The main reason I posted it was because it had been a while since I had seen it, and if you are a fan of this program it is hard not to smile when you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglereporter View Post
    Teams wanted him to throw the ball. But what I noticed was how many down field blocks you see in it. Foster was awesome, and even thought he won the Payton I still think he is the most wasted player in Southern's history, but look at some of those blocks. Also there were a bunch of really good effort catches where the guys held on to the ball.
    The main reason I posted it was because it had been a while since I had seen it, and if you are a fan of this program it is hard not to smile when you see it.

That offense definitely had a lot of really good players on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Something that struck me watching that video, on the pass plays, how clean were most of those pockets??? I don't think Shai has had ONE of those in three years

Not even close to true....but ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

5. Default Re: Someone to remember

He was a great kid off the field too. A lot of fun to interview, except he talked almost as fast as he ran.

OH, and I tend to agree with you on him being 'the most wasted player ...' but he never complained publicly. He was always upbeat and positive.

You may remember when GS did the AP for Heisman campaign. I think I still have the media kit (or maybe a DVD?) they put out on that. Stuff's come a long way since then.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    He was a great kid off the field too. A lot of fun to interview, except he talked almost as fast as he ran.

OH, and I tend to agree with you on him being 'the most wasted player ...' but he never complained publicly. He was always upbeat and positive.

You may remember when GS did the AP for Heisman campaign. I think I still have the media kit (or maybe a DVD?) they put out on that. Stuff's come a long way since then.
    Definitely came a long way since then. I had the dvd package of AP for Heisman and separated it into 2 pieces and then had AP sign the dvd and framed it all together. Looks sharp. And it might have been a CD rom lol vs a dvd but who the heck knows, I framed mine.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

7. Default Re: Someone to remember

Downfield (and edge) blocking shouldn’t be hard.

For some reason, we seem bent on making it seem nigh impossible.

This is our biggest issue-by far. Fix it, and we will see our offense work.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Downfield (and edge) blocking shouldn’t be hard.

For some reason, we seem bent on making it seem nigh impossible.

This is our biggest issue-by far. Fix it, and we will see our offense work.

Blocking athletes like corners and safeties in space ain't exactly "easy"

Ask any A back

9. Default Re: Someone to remember

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Blocking athletes like corners and safeties in space ain't exactly "easy"

Ask any A back
    It should be a LOT easier.

It just looks so confused to me. So many times, I see guys who seem to be very confused about who they should be blocking. So much so that no block gets attempted.

That just doesn’t make sense to me. Not at this level.