TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone to remember

Default Re: Someone to remember

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    You don't need to campaign for the Payton when you're playing for one of the premier programs in the FCS.
    We went 7-4 that year and missed the playoffs...I think anything and everything helped his cause.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    We went 7-4 that year and missed the playoffs...I think anything and everything helped his cause.
    We started 7-2, we also beat the two best teams in the conference and were in the race for the conference automatic bid until the last play in the last conference game. There was also had that game where Foster had 6 TDs. He was not going to get overlooked.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

We started 7-2, we also beat the two best teams in the conference and were in the race for the conference automatic bid until the last play in the last conference game. There was also had that game where Foster had 6 TDs. He was not going to get overlooked.
    It wasn't as easy to see highlights back then.

You had to appeal to voters not in the southern part of the country to really pay attention to him.

I don't think anyone really believes that the highlight video won the award for him, but it definitely helped to put his stats in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

You had to appeal to voters not in the southern part of the country to really pay attention to him.

I don't think anyone really believes that the highlight video won the award for him, but it definitely helped to put his stats in perspective.
    Same reason why I think Josh Johnson didn't stand a chance in the final voting. Being on the west coast in a non-scholarhip conference almost assured he wasn't going to win it, despite his incredible numbers.

You don't need to campaign for the Payton when you're playing for one of the premier programs in the FCS.
    A program that hadn't made the playoffs in years and these young assistants to the ADs in the north and west part of the country couldn't care less about what we did in the 80s through late 90s. When armanti won his back to back payton's app beat Michigan and was in the midst of 3 straight titles, but gsu in 2007 was struggling and had been for years.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    A program that hadn't made the playoffs in years and these young assistants to the ADs in the north and west part of the country couldn't care less about what we did in the 80s through late 90s. When armanti won his back to back payton's app beat Michigan and was in the midst of 3 straight titles, but gsu in 2007 was struggling and had been for years.
    We were one year removed from the playoffs, two if you count 2007. Also a FG away from a conference championship. In 2007 we still had a good team....it was about to drop off the cliff though.

It wasn't the same as the situation in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    For a guy who hates everything about us, you sure do seem to be here a lot.

(just to summarize, you hate Erk, PJ, flex, the south, the gnats, and all the yokels around here. You seem to hate absolutely everything we have ever done, except hire Willie Fritz. )

We all inhale vigorously, the sun is gonna go out, fall from they sky, crash right into our stadium, and it’ll be our fault.

Why waste your time amongst such scrubs??
    Literally never said any of those things (other than loving Fritz).

You continue to try it though. It's some kind of inferiority complex.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

People seem to forget social media and access to 24/7 highlights were not around back then. gasouthern01 received highlight clips all the time from other teams, we were always absent from things like that. Osterman was probably the last SID that did anything like that. Not enough time/resources. Which comes down to lack of funding.

If we keep Sewak maybe App only wins the 1 title and we win 2 more with Foster/Armanti.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 23rd January 2020 at 02:00 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Something that struck me watching that video, on the pass plays, how clean were most of those pockets??? I don't think Shai has had ONE of those in three years

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Something that struck me watching that video, on the pass plays, how clean were most of those pockets??? I don't think Shai has had ONE of those in three years
    Yep.