TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Games Scheduled - 2025 & 2028

Default Re: Future Games Scheduled - 2025 & 2028

Don’t understand why in the world a game with Fresno. Sorry but that name means less than CUSA schools and you travel all the way to California. Why not Marshall, Southern Miss or East Carolina? This is disgusting!

2. Default Re: Future Games Scheduled - 2025 & 2028

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Don’t understand why in the world a game with Fresno. Sorry but that name means less than CUSA schools and you travel all the way to California. Why not Marshall, Southern Miss or East Carolina? This is disgusting!

Man.....

I could go for some Marshall!

Hell.... Bring on UCF!

-No kidding. These are perfect schools for an H&H!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Man.....

I could go for some Marshall!

Hell.... Bring on UCF!

-No kidding. These are perfect schools for an H&H!
    These would be great games, but "I want you to do us a favor though." Pretend that you are Marshall (and remember to take into consideration THEIR vision for THEIR program--not how it would benefit us) and UCF (same remember...). Why would those schools want to play us? What's in it for them when you consider they are already playing programs more well known than Georgia Southern.

A lot of it has to do with recruiting. You want people all over to be familiar with you. BYU and the Mountain West teams get a lot of ESPN network games. Pretty good chance that is on as the same time as the Pac-12 after dark games. Those late games get big ratings on the West Coast.

Ok.

I get it......

But let's at least shoot for some middle-of-the-pack teams.

I'm tired of getting killed by top-5 teams year after year.
    We had one this year with Minnesota.

When that game was scheduled they were NOT good. But you see what happened.

And we've always had issues convincing middling P5 teams to play us. That's nothing new.

we want a national brand, but we want to play every game "close to home". We want name opponents not ones no one cares about, but we want it "close to home". We demand more and bigger names on our schedule, but only if they fit nicely and neatly into our personal caveats of the teams WE want to see.

Some of our fans don't have a good grasp on reality do they?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Waive the payout.

I would happily forego that in order to have another shot at GT.

It's a short bus ride.
    Plus, many of our alums live there.

Hopefully the next AD can make it happen.

Y'all can keep any and all NC teams. I want GT and ThUGA again!
    You gonna fork out the $1.5M that our budget would lose by "waiving the payout"?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I said this on Twitter yesterday. Which do you honestly think is more likely - they don't want to play us or we are too stupid to have tried to make a deal with them?

I'm not looking for an "I hate TK" response as simple as yes, he's an idiot. Take names and personalities out of it. Your job is to get as good of a series as you can that will excite your fan base, get a named opponent in your house, match the budget constraints that we have, reduce travel as much as possible that also helps the budget, sell more tickets, and gain exposure for your program. Wouldn't even an idiot be smart enough to have every school in a 10-15 state radius on speed dial? Either we have an entire athletic department of idiots that can barely spell their own names, or for one of a thousand possible reasons those teams have said no.

9. Default Re: Future Games Scheduled - 2025 & 2028

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    You gonna fork out the $1.5M that our budget would lose by "waiving the payout"?

I think we lost a LOT more than that in terms of injuries vs LSU and Clemson.

We gotta stop playing these elite P5s. It's not worth it.

Shai's arm hasn't been right again since LSU and we lost more than a couple of important guys to injuries in both those games. Didn't one suffer a career-ending concussion?

If we can't secure good games against GT or UGA, we need to stop fooling with the very best P5s. The couple million here and there don't begin to compensate for the downside of having our ***** handed to us in games we cannot win.

Too much downside.

I would much rather have a shot at winning against a mid level P-5 than getting slaughtered by MC-level teams every year who inflict such nastiness on us that our very best players are screwed up permanently.

Either mid-level P5s, or bring back Sav state. These NC level teams do more damage than anything else.

Check out who App is scheduling.....

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/appalachian-state/

You won't find an Alabama, LSU, or Clemson on there..... in fact, none of those teams are likely to be top-15 teams at any point in the foreseeable future. (Ok-one clemson, but that's it..... For the entire foreseeable future.)

Getting paid a little money to get destroyed by the absolute top-tier of top tiers is just not smart. App will have a reasonable shot at almost everyone on their schedule. Why in the world can't we?

I think we lost a LOT more than that in terms of injuries vs LSU and Clemson.

We gotta stop playing these elite P5s. It's not worth it.

Shai's arm hasn't been right again since LSU and we lost more than a couple of important guys to injuries in both those games. Didn't one suffer a career-ending concussion?

If we can't secure good games against GT or UGA, we need to stop fooling with the very best P5s. The couple million here and there don't begin to compensate for the downside of having our ***** handed to us in games we cannot win.

Too much downside.

I would much rather have a shot at winning against a mid level P-5 than getting slaughtered by MC-level teams every year who inflict such nastiness on us that our very best players are screwed up permanently.

Either mid-level P5s, or bring back Sav state. These NC level teams do more damage than anything else.
    we have to schedule the ones that will schedule us and you can't schedule around the potential fear of "they are gonna hurt us too bad". Hell, Boss Bailey at uga was injured and out for the season on a play in the beginning of the game against us years ago IIRC when we were in FCS. "little ol FCS, easy, nobody GS" in uga's minds knocked one of their best players that year out for the season. If you're gonna get hurt, you're gonna get hurt. it doesn't matter who you are playing.

You say you want a mid level P5, but then we'll have a couple 1000 fans saying that the mid level P5 isn't big enough and we won't sell enough tickets. There is no magic bullet. We also have to get the smaller P5s to agree to play us.