TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruse coming back.

1. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, I’m not sure I follow whatever moronic logic that is but I am sure you will see that formation again next season.
    Not if anyone with any damned sense is calling plays.

(how many times did we see it in ‘14 ‘15?). With an actual competent OC?

Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    This thread .......
    Seriously! I started it last week in hopes of getting a “hell yeah”. There have been none of those, but pages and pages of one formation’s significance to the program.

I hope Ruse can get us to no-huddle (not necessarily up-tempo) with some pre-snap motion that doesn’t end in a set position. If he does just those two things, he will have earned his TE pay.

And just for JC, long live the bobsled!

3. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Seriously! I started it last week in hopes of getting a “hell yeah”. There have been none of those, but pages and pages of one formation’s significance to the program.

I hope Ruse can get us to no-huddle (not necessarily up-tempo) with some pre-snap motion that doesn’t end in a set position. If he does just those two things, he will have earned his TE pay.

You know it, dog!!

(take no prisoners!)

Fistbunp , Bobsled!

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post

Completely understand your thinking. There’s negative thinking that we can’t seem to shake. The 2020 recruiting class may be the greatest cue in GS history. Take a peak at who’s in front of us in class rankings. Seriously take a close look. How many offers from peers for their top recruits. Then think of those completely under rated in our class. It’s working!

5. Default Re: Ruse coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    Completely understand your thinking. There’s negative thinking that we can’t seem to shake. The 2020 recruiting class may be the greatest cue in GS history. Take a peak at who’s in front of us in class rankings. Seriously take a close look. How many offers from peers for their top recruits. Then think of those completely under rated in our class. It’s working!
    You are right, brother.

(praying. Most devotedly)

-As I have said before, option is my favorite kind of football.....But winning is better!

To paraphrase: baby Erk says :“There is no Try-only do, or do not.” “There is no close, only WIN!”

^^^ Like!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    You know it, dog!!

(take no prisoners!)

Fistbunp , Bobsled!
    The ‘joe dirt - I like getting hit with hotdogs’ approach. Reverse psychology gets em every time.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    I've never seen someone so adamant about calling stats fake and not willing to admit they were wrong.
    He really Donald Trumped this thread.

Stats are now fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    You roll with that.

Its a terrible formation.

last resort.

Call that “working” if you wish. I suppose it was better than totally sticking with an ineffective dive ALL game (like Stowers did,). but I’m not sure whether scraping the bottom of the barrel and whipping out something like the bobsled to save ourselves (by the thinnest skin of our teeth) can be considered success.

I want to see a LOT better playbook than we have had. I think we will.

If Ruse is given proper authority, we will see blocking, misdirection and such. Won’t have to rely on the 1952 bobsled anymore.
    Right. I think Debesse just forgot to tell everyone to block. Luckily Ruse is back to correct that.
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; 17th February 2020 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    The bobsled is what it is. I liked it better than any other formation we run, but don’t love it.
    Who cares. This post means nothing.