TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 106

Thread: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

  1. #91

    Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think Byington should go for it. He has done a lot of good for this program. His first year he was playing a rotation of seven scholarship players and one walk on. He turned it into a team that won a lot of games each year. He would be leaving it much better than he found it. I would rather him leave before it gets to the point people don’t appreciate that at all.
    Plus 1

  2. #92

    Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think Byington should go for it. He has done a lot of good for this program. His first year he was playing a rotation of seven scholarship players and one walk on. He turned it into a team that won a lot of games each year. He would be leaving it much better than he found it. I would rather him leave before it gets to the point people don’t appreciate that at all.
    CB has brought a exciting brand of basketball here. He gave us Tookie and a lot of wins. The question remains can he get us to NCAA's?. To be honest I've soured a bit over last two seasons. It doesn't help when I go to Augusta State's basketball web sight and see a CB castaway average Double/Doubles and at 7'1", 260lbs(we could use that over next two seasons). Part of my thinking is if your that good of a basketball coach and cant figure out how a 7'1" pretty athletic big man cant be used effectively on your team, that has become a major concern for me. Again, Crawford is averaging 14.6 a game, shooting 70%, averages 10 rebounds a game, has not chucked up a 3 point shot all season and is playing on a 17-7 team that's a half game back in their conference, oh he's playing 29 min. a game. How that young mans talents wouldn't have helped this current GS team(not to mention the next two seasons), I just don't know. Still no word on if CB is bringing in ANY big men for next year. So yes, can CB take us to the next level? I'm concerned, I have doubts. Another thing, one of you guys posted this already, if after 27 games the team is playing selfishly, Why, and who is that on?

  3. #93

    Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    CB has brought a exciting brand of basketball here. He gave us Tookie and a lot of wins. The question remains can he get us to NCAA's?. To be honest I've soured a bit over last two seasons. It doesn't help when I go to Augusta State's basketball web sight and see a CB castaway average Double/Doubles and at 7'1", 260lbs(we could use that over next two seasons). Part of my thinking is if your that good of a basketball coach and cant figure out how a 7'1" pretty athletic big man cant be used effectively on your team, that has become a major concern for me. Again, Crawford is averaging 14.6 a game, shooting 70%, averages 10 rebounds a game, has not chucked up a 3 point shot all season and is playing on a 17-7 team that's a half game back in their conference, oh he's playing 29 min. a game. How that young mans talents wouldn't have helped this current GS team(not to mention the next two seasons), I just don't know. Still no word on if CB is bringing in ANY big men for next year. So yes, can CB take us to the next level? I'm concerned, I have doubts. Another thing, one of you guys posted this already, if after 27 games the team is playing selfishly, Why, and who is that on?
    I want to make it clear, I'm not calling for CB's head, just saying like a lot of us on here, we've got concerns.

  4. #94

    Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    CB has brought a exciting brand of basketball here. He gave us Tookie and a lot of wins. The question remains can he get us to NCAA's?. To be honest I've soured a bit over last two seasons. It doesn't help when I go to Augusta State's basketball web sight and see a CB castaway average Double/Doubles and at 7'1", 260lbs(we could use that over next two seasons). Part of my thinking is if your that good of a basketball coach and cant figure out how a 7'1" pretty athletic big man cant be used effectively on your team, that has become a major concern for me. Again, Crawford is averaging 14.6 a game, shooting 70%, averages 10 rebounds a game, has not chucked up a 3 point shot all season and is playing on a 17-7 team that's a half game back in their conference, oh he's playing 29 min. a game. How that young mans talents wouldn't have helped this current GS team(not to mention the next two seasons), I just don't know. Still no word on if CB is bringing in ANY big men for next year. So yes, can CB take us to the next level? I'm concerned, I have doubts. Another thing, one of you guys posted this already, if after 27 games the team is playing selfishly, Why, and who is that on?
    No question. But.
    I think he’s taken us as far as he can.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I want to make it clear, I'm not calling for CB's head, just saying like a lot of us on here, we've got concerns.
    I feel the same way.

  6. #96

    Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

    13/11 in win last night, 23 min. played. his coach, 16 seasons there, .725 winning %.

  7. #97

    Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

    CB has improved the program, no doubt. But I think he has shown that he cannot get us to the next level.

    It's time for a change.

  8. #98

    Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

    We are 6 point dogs tonight, GagSt., 2 point dogs. Deep in the heart of Texas.

  9. #99

    Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

    Is Augusta D2? Just asking but could Crawford have transferred due to a grade issue. I don’t know but would be curious as to why a 7’1 guy with all that ability would be going to a D2 program instead of transferring to Duke or UNC or some place like that. Seems odd to me.

  10. Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

    It’s rare to transfer to duke or unc...coach K just doesn’t take a kid because he’s 7’1 ..but the other 200-300 schools around the country sure

Similar Threads

  1. Eagles Vs Mountaineers Game Thread 2018
    By TrueBlueDrew in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 409
    Last Post: 26th October 2018, 10:21 AM
  2. Business as Usual for Eagles, Mountaineers
    By Charlie K. in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th October 2015, 01:42 PM
  3. Eagles vs. Mountaineers (Game 1)
    By Eagle22 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 7th March 2015, 12:22 PM
  4. Eagles, Mountaineers Take Rivalry to National Stage
    By Charlie K. in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25th September 2014, 02:46 PM
  5. Lady Eagles and Mountaineers Tip at 5 p.m. Tonight
    By EagleInfo in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th January 2011, 11:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •