TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think Byington should go for it. He has done a lot of good for this program. His first year he was playing a rotation of seven scholarship players and one walk on. He turned it into a team that won a lot of games each year. He would be leaving it much better than he found it. I would rather him leave before it gets to the point people don’t appreciate that at all.
    Plus 1

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think Byington should go for it. He has done a lot of good for this program. His first year he was playing a rotation of seven scholarship players and one walk on. He turned it into a team that won a lot of games each year. He would be leaving it much better than he found it. I would rather him leave before it gets to the point people don’t appreciate that at all.
    CB has brought a exciting brand of basketball here. He gave us Tookie and a lot of wins. The question remains can he get us to NCAA's?. To be honest I've soured a bit over last two seasons. It doesn't help when I go to Augusta State's basketball web sight and see a CB castaway average Double/Doubles and at 7'1", 260lbs(we could use that over next two seasons). Part of my thinking is if your that good of a basketball coach and cant figure out how a 7'1" pretty athletic big man cant be used effectively on your team, that has become a major concern for me. Again, Crawford is averaging 14.6 a game, shooting 70%, averages 10 rebounds a game, has not chucked up a 3 point shot all season and is playing on a 17-7 team that's a half game back in their conference, oh he's playing 29 min. a game. How that young mans talents wouldn't have helped this current GS team(not to mention the next two seasons), I just don't know. Still no word on if CB is bringing in ANY big men for next year. So yes, can CB take us to the next level? I'm concerned, I have doubts. Another thing, one of you guys posted this already, if after 27 games the team is playing selfishly, Why, and who is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    CB has brought a exciting brand of basketball here. He gave us Tookie and a lot of wins. The question remains can he get us to NCAA's?. To be honest I've soured a bit over last two seasons. It doesn't help when I go to Augusta State's basketball web sight and see a CB castaway average Double/Doubles and at 7'1", 260lbs(we could use that over next two seasons). Part of my thinking is if your that good of a basketball coach and cant figure out how a 7'1" pretty athletic big man cant be used effectively on your team, that has become a major concern for me. Again, Crawford is averaging 14.6 a game, shooting 70%, averages 10 rebounds a game, has not chucked up a 3 point shot all season and is playing on a 17-7 team that's a half game back in their conference, oh he's playing 29 min. a game. How that young mans talents wouldn't have helped this current GS team(not to mention the next two seasons), I just don't know. Still no word on if CB is bringing in ANY big men for next year. So yes, can CB take us to the next level? I'm concerned, I have doubts. Another thing, one of you guys posted this already, if after 27 games the team is playing selfishly, Why, and who is that on?
    I want to make it clear, I'm not calling for CB's head, just saying like a lot of us on here, we've got concerns.

No question. But.
    I think he’s taken us as far as he can.

I want to make it clear, I'm not calling for CB's head, just saying like a lot of us on here, we've got concerns.
    I feel the same way.

13/11 in win last night, 23 min. played. his coach, 16 seasons there, .725 winning %.

CB has improved the program, no doubt. But I think he has shown that he cannot get us to the next level.

It's time for a change.

We are 6 point dogs tonight, GagSt., 2 point dogs. Deep in the heart of Texas.

Is Augusta D2? Just asking but could Crawford have transferred due to a grade issue. I don’t know but would be curious as to why a 7’1 guy with all that ability would be going to a D2 program instead of transferring to Duke or UNC or some place like that. Seems odd to me.

10. Default Re: MBB - Eagles vs Mountaineers (Statesboro)

It’s rare to transfer to duke or unc...coach K just doesn’t take a kid because he’s 7’1 ..but the other 200-300 schools around the country sure