TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FB - Spring Ball Press Conference

1. Default FB - Spring Ball Press Conference

DeBesse:

"Top priority for the offense is to rebuild the offensive line."

"I thought we took a step backwards as far as the passing game was concerned but that has to be a focal point of this season."

"We are doing everything we can to be diverse...there's going to be some things this spring that will be new for me. I know that there's going to be some things that have never been in the playbook before."

"There is a lot of work to be done but I think we go into this spring in as good of shape as we've been since I've been here. We have an interesting dynamic with a lot of experienced guys...we've seen a lot of great leadership from the older guys in the off-season."

Sloan:

"As we looked at run defense it was consistent - we finished 3rd in the conference in '18 and 2nd last year."

"2018 we were not very good on third down and we made tremendous strides last year."

"DB is a talented group but it's also a mystery group."

"One thing we struggled with in 2018 was being a pressure team and we improved on that this past year."

"(On new signing class) It's going to be fun to watch these guys. It's a good group, a talented group...they're all 'teach me teach me teach me'."

Default Re: FB - Spring Ball Press Conference

Hopefully someone asks Sloan about tempo and shutting teams down more early on. Those were the biggest improvements we could make outside of better performance in the deep middle which should come with improved safety play.

Interesting comments from DeBesse.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    DeBesse:

"We are doing everything we can to be diverse...there's going to be some things this spring that will be new for me. I know that there's going to be some things that have never been in the playbook before."
    In other words, CCL: "Hey Bob, have you met Doug?".........

thanks for posting this, TBD.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post

That should answer the question about whether or not Ruse is just a TE coach or more than that (I was already pretty sure it was more).

CCL has really got some big responsibilities on his plate to integrate offensive ideas from CBD and CDR. I was never convinced the scheme is the problem but either way I hope it changes for the better.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

5. Default Re: FB - Spring Ball Press Conference

Lunsford:

We want to make sure we are developing guys and getting guys in position."

"We need to make sure our consistency is better - we can't be one week this and one week that."

"I do think we have a tough group that has a chip on their shoulder that wants to prove that we can have a better record than we had last year."

"I really like our senior leadership. We have a lot of guys that want to make GS proud."

"Intent and Purpose - having an edge about you. Everything we do out there needs to have a purpose."

"Going into the spring we are going to have open competition between Bryce Christiansen and Alex Raynor to replace Tyler Bass. Both guys have talent."

6. Default Re: FB - Spring Ball Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Exactly lol

yes sir!, +1

Chad: I'm bringing him on-board to watch your end.
    Bob: What?!
    Chad: I said, I'm bringing him on-board to coach tight ends.
    Bob: Oh, alright.
    Chad: *whispers to Doug* GATA...
    Rodger Stallworth
    C/O 2012 - Computer Science

CBD inherited a 2 win dumpster fire then proceeds to win 11 the following year. Given what we had last year I doubt Ruse could have performed much better. It’s good to hear the two are working together.

This is a make or break season for this regime. With the amount of seniors returning, especially at key positions, and Appy on their 3rd coach in 3 years, anything less than an SB championship is a disappointment