TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New AD

1. Default Re: New AD

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Just listened to Benko speak at the press conference. Y’all, we got a good one.
    Agree. The future looks bright.

Default Re: New AD

I will second that.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

If you can win a press conference as an AD, I would say that he did.

Also no dumb George Anne questions....so win win all around.

I hope the people judging Benko on a press conference aren't the same ones saying you can't judge him based on his CFO background. It's good to have an AD that has some charisma, but that's far from the whole game.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Replay on FB and the Athletics site?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Yet, even Phil Steele seems to think they play in front of a really good crowd.

(Yes. A significant number of people see that figure. In other respects, his publication is very good. It sits on many journalists' desks.)
    Just because people can read it in his magazine or somewhere else doesn't mean that they pay attention to it or make any decisions based on it. Your hatred for all things Gag St has you making this into a bigger deal than it really is. You have concocted all of these terrible scenarios that are happening because of our attendance vs their attendance when no one that matters cares what the fake numbers are. First it was bowl selections, then it was recruits, then it was corporate sponsors....who's next?

In your scenario we might as well just pre-print the attendance at 25,000 for each game now. If we're gonna make up fake numbers we might as well make it a sellout.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

7. Default Re: New AD

Yet, even Phil Steele seems to think they play in front of a really good crowd.

(Yes. A significant number of people see that figure. In other respects, his publication is very good. It sits on many journalists' desks.)
    I doubt Phil Steele has ever been to a Georgia State home game.

I definitely came across several articles which made Gag look like a much bigger deal than they actually are.

Some 'sports writers' are not even human these days. This is particularly common in sports writing. So much of it is very formulaic: https://robotwritersai.com/2019/05/13/hello-world/

You telling me a bot won't be fooled by these fake numbers??

Anyhow, everyone else is reporting fake numbers. Absolutely everyone. If there were no upside, they would not be going to the trouble.

We absolutely should be playing by the rules everyone else sees as acceptable. Right now.

We are one of 2 teams in this conference which can produce over 10,000 actual fans at pretty much every home game. But you sure wouldn't know that by the pathetic numbers we put out.

I want to see us take advantage of every possible advantage we can. It's like we would rather lose gracefully than even try to win.
    You must be a bot.

They aren't self-aware either.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    Replay on FB and the Athletics site?
    https://facebook.com/story.php?story...d=235891086854

I think so too. He sounds like the real deal.