TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 142

Thread: New AD

  1. Default Re: New AD

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    Honestly I'm underwhelmed by the incentives and one year seems short. Salaries fine but if he truly is a difference maker he should have more incentive. 3.0 GPA will be tough but that ain't much of an incentive to discourage recruiting the 2.5 stud so I"m not too upset about it.
    +1

    I thought the same thing. I mean, realistically what is $2500 to somebody making $300k? And, is a one year deal normal for AD’s?

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta/Brookhaven
    Posts
    1,119

    Default Re: New AD

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1

    I thought the same thing. I mean, realistically what is $2500 to somebody making $300k? And, is a one year deal normal for AD’s?
    Guys it is just like the coaches contracts. One year state contract; multiple years guaranteed by the Athletic Foundation.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,986

    Default Re: New AD

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Guys it is just like the coaches contracts. One year state contract; multiple years guaranteed by the Athletic Foundation.
    I thought CTS and CCL both had multiple year state contracts. IIRC, CTS was the first one after the whining that CWF did about it when he left.

    I'd love to find out when the BOR allowed the change from one year to multi year to happen. I thought it was always the same as our CWF contract, but when he left we found that Richt and PJ both had multi year contracts at the time.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    46,789

    Default Re: New AD

    Summers had a 4 year deal. Fritz had a 1 year contract with 3 years backed by the AF. Appears to be semantics.

    Section 2.1

    https://2michy3wy0l30d34041dt1et-wpe...t-contract.pdf

    7th PDF page states 3 years guaranteed by the AF.
    https://issuu.com/thega/docs/willie_fritz_la14-639
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,986

    Default Re: New AD

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Summers had a 4 year deal. Fritz had a 1 year contract with 3 years backed by the AF. Appears to be semantics.

    Section 2.1

    https://2michy3wy0l30d34041dt1et-wpe...t-contract.pdf

    7th PDF page states 3 years guaranteed by the AF.
    https://issuu.com/thega/docs/willie_fritz_la14-639
    It is semantics, and I agree with you. I never believed Fritz's BS about job security. How much more secure do you want.....4 years of guaranteed money and a guaranteed extension at 7 wins. How more secure do you need it to be? I was just mentioning that at some point, the BOR became OK with a multi year deal for coaches since Richt and PJ both had them at their respective schools. So when did it change, and why did we not give it to Fritz if he was so whiney about it? Besides, Fritz signed the contract the way it was. If he didn't like it why did he sign it?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  6. #76

    Default Re: New AD

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    It is semantics, and I agree with you. I never believed Fritz's BS about job security. How much more secure do you want.....4 years of guaranteed money and a guaranteed extension at 7 wins. How more secure do you need it to be? I was just mentioning that at some point, the BOR became OK with a multi year deal for coaches since Richt and PJ both had them at their respective schools. So when did it change, and why did we not give it to Fritz if he was so whiney about it? Besides, Fritz signed the contract the way it was. If he didn't like it why did he sign it?
    He needs to get paid what he's worth

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,986

    Default Re: New AD

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    He needs to get paid what he's worth
    The market decides what you are worth. Tulane decided he was worth almost triple what we were paying him and good for him. I'd have left for triple my salary too! I never once questioned the salary part of it. I'm questioning his BS excuse about "job security". I'd say that a guaranteed 4 years with a guaranteed extension for having a mediocre season was plenty "secure". He left for the money, just say so. No one would have blamed him for that.

    Having said that, my question was not to bring up the past. It was to find out if anyone knew when and why the BOR changed their tune on one year state contracts.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,908

    Default Re: New AD

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    It is semantics, and I agree with you. I never believed Fritz's BS about job security. How much more secure do you want.....4 years of guaranteed money and a guaranteed extension at 7 wins. How more secure do you need it to be? I was just mentioning that at some point, the BOR became OK with a multi year deal for coaches since Richt and PJ both had them at their respective schools. So when did it change, and why did we not give it to Fritz if he was so whiney about it? Besides, Fritz signed the contract the way it was. If he didn't like it why did he sign it?
    Was it the BoR that changed or is that just what we were told by our athletic department/President for so long?


  9. #79

    Default Re: New AD

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    The market decides what you are worth. Tulane decided he was worth almost triple what we were paying him and good for him. I'd have left for triple my salary too! I never once questioned the salary part of it. I'm questioning his BS excuse about "job security". I'd say that a guaranteed 4 years with a guaranteed extension for having a mediocre season was plenty "secure". He left for the money, just say so. No one would have blamed him for that.

    Having said that, my question was not to bring up the past. It was to find out if anyone knew when and why the BOR changed their tune on one year state contracts.
    bigger money is bigger security. Imo, give me the bigger money guaranteed up front and don’t try to nickel dime me with goofy incentives. Wasn’t CTS contract had that incentive that if he made it to the final 4(CFP), he’d get so much?, what a joke.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    46,789

    Default Re: New AD

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    bigger money is bigger security. Imo, give me the bigger money guaranteed up front and don’t try to nickel dime me with goofy incentives. Wasn’t CTS contract had that incentive that if he made it to the final 4(CFP), he’d get so much?, what a joke.
    Every football and basketball coach as that contract in DI football/basketball. I am willing to bet every single one.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •