TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New AD

Default New AD

New AD seems like a good hire. There is really not much media on him. Was he the number 2 at Mississippi State?

Default Re: New AD

Yeah I kinda wanted an introductory press conference like with TK but not a big deal. Maybe they didn't want a GA reporter asking about a player suspension again.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Yeah I kinda wanted an introductory press conference like with TK but not a big deal. Maybe they didn't want a GA reporter asking about a player suspension again.
    He just got to Statesboro this afternoon.. presser tomorrow

4. Default Re: New AD

Press conference is going to be live-streamed on Facebook at 2

5. Default Re: New AD

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Does anyone know if it will be available later?

I can’t watch at 2
    I think Facebook automatically saves live videos, but if they don’t have the recording on the athletic Facebook page I’m sure they’ll definitely have it on gseagles.com

6. Default Re: New AD

If anyone has any questions for Benko, I’ll do my best to pass them along to my friends in the press. I’m already getting them to ask is he has any immediate goals as far as facility upgrades go.

Looks good on paper, like a guy that has seen what the top of the FBS in the south looks like and is familiar with it. I have no doubt he gets "it" when it comes to the expectations here. Not overjoyed that he is dwag, but lets face it he is looking to be a P5 AD probably at some point so tin foil hat stuff of thUGA protection is not a worry for me.

Until he makes hires and fires really no way to judge him. He cant be less liked than TK I would not think being from GA. I hope on of the reporters asks him about beer sales for grown adults inside the stadium like GT is starting. It is just lame not to have it now just putting us further behind by the day. Other than that nothing he can really do, our growth is more tied to winning rather than AD decisions policy decisions at this point.

Like with any coach other than Summers that was a no-brainer dumb hire I'll give him three years or the next major football hire which ever comes first.

Good luck Jared you are going to need it!
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Would beer sales really have any growth or take away from the "Beer Garden" section?

$1200 donation with a max of 4 seats, let's say there are 1500 season tickets in there.
    375 donaters max = $450,000
    Each seat is $220 = $330,000

That's a total of $780,000. Last year Appy made $$311K off beer sales.

https://www.wataugademocrat.com/news...15ac43e56.html

Did I do the math right?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I want to know what we are going to do about officiating. There have to be levers at our disposal to pressure the Belt to put forth a better product.

Everyone tends to excuse this mess, but this last season was start-to-finish the worst collection of officials clowning.

It affected the outcome of a couple of important games. (Definitely the bowl game.)
    The Sunbelt didn't officiate the bowl game. Those refs were about as ill prepared for our bowl game as our team was but they didn't affect the outcome.

I want to know what we are going to do about officiating. There have to be levers at our disposal to pressure the Belt to put forth a better product.

Everyone tends to excuse this mess, but this last season was start-to-finish the worst collection of officials clowning.

It affected the outcome of a couple of important games. (Definitely the bowl game.)
    Probably need to clarify if you mean football-specific officiating or across the board for the conference in all sports.

I get that football is king around here but if Benko can help our other programs grow to half the prominence of football, we'll be in a great place. He's an athletics director, not a football director.