TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New AD

Default Re: New AD

Summers had a 4 year deal. Fritz had a 1 year contract with 3 years backed by the AF. Appears to be semantics.

Section 2.1

https://2michy3wy0l30d34041dt1et-wpe...t-contract.pdf

7th PDF page states 3 years guaranteed by the AF.
    https://issuu.com/thega/docs/willie_fritz_la14-639
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Summers had a 4 year deal. Fritz had a 1 year contract with 3 years backed by the AF. Appears to be semantics.

Section 2.1

https://2michy3wy0l30d34041dt1et-wpe...t-contract.pdf

7th PDF page states 3 years guaranteed by the AF.
    https://issuu.com/thega/docs/willie_fritz_la14-639
    It is semantics, and I agree with you. I never believed Fritz's BS about job security. How much more secure do you want.....4 years of guaranteed money and a guaranteed extension at 7 wins. How more secure do you need it to be? I was just mentioning that at some point, the BOR became OK with a multi year deal for coaches since Richt and PJ both had them at their respective schools. So when did it change, and why did we not give it to Fritz if he was so whiney about it? Besides, Fritz signed the contract the way it was. If he didn't like it why did he sign it?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    It is semantics, and I agree with you. I never believed Fritz's BS about job security. How much more secure do you want.....4 years of guaranteed money and a guaranteed extension at 7 wins. How more secure do you need it to be? I was just mentioning that at some point, the BOR became OK with a multi year deal for coaches since Richt and PJ both had them at their respective schools. So when did it change, and why did we not give it to Fritz if he was so whiney about it? Besides, Fritz signed the contract the way it was. If he didn't like it why did he sign it?
    He needs to get paid what he's worth

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    He needs to get paid what he's worth
    The market decides what you are worth. Tulane decided he was worth almost triple what we were paying him and good for him. I'd have left for triple my salary too! I never once questioned the salary part of it. I'm questioning his BS excuse about "job security". I'd say that a guaranteed 4 years with a guaranteed extension for having a mediocre season was plenty "secure". He left for the money, just say so. No one would have blamed him for that.

Having said that, my question was not to bring up the past. It was to find out if anyone knew when and why the BOR changed their tune on one year state contracts.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Was it the BoR that changed or is that just what we were told by our athletic department/President for so long?

The market decides what you are worth. Tulane decided he was worth almost triple what we were paying him and good for him. I'd have left for triple my salary too! I never once questioned the salary part of it. I'm questioning his BS excuse about "job security". I'd say that a guaranteed 4 years with a guaranteed extension for having a mediocre season was plenty "secure". He left for the money, just say so. No one would have blamed him for that.

Having said that, my question was not to bring up the past. It was to find out if anyone knew when and why the BOR changed their tune on one year state contracts.
    bigger money is bigger security. Imo, give me the bigger money guaranteed up front and don’t try to nickel dime me with goofy incentives. Wasn’t CTS contract had that incentive that if he made it to the final 4(CFP), he’d get so much?, what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    bigger money is bigger security. Imo, give me the bigger money guaranteed up front and don’t try to nickel dime me with goofy incentives. Wasn’t CTS contract had that incentive that if he made it to the final 4(CFP), he’d get so much?, what a joke.
    Every football and basketball coach as that contract in DI football/basketball. I am willing to bet every single one.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Every football and basketball coach as that contract in DI football/basketball. I am willing to bet every single one.
    im aware of that, there are good incentives and then there are goofy incentives which imo are embarrassing. See CTS contract, lots of flat out goofiness.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Was it the BoR that changed or is that just what we were told by our athletic department/President for so long?
    Combo of both probably. They changed at some point and our administration decided to keep them the same as they were before. Richt and PJ were on one year state contracts too up until some point not too long before Fritz. I saw old contracts of theirs that were basically the same as ours were.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    And if Fritz had said he was leaving because of the money, NO ONE would have questioned him. But he didn't.