TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New AD

1. Default Re: New AD

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Why is it not okay to ask that question but okay to claim we'll have a crowd for App State the same size as we had for an 0-3 GS team playing Ark State on a Wednesday night? I mean, it's fine to to dismiss or criticize people's concerns, but I don't get this idea that people shouldn't even say certain things about certain things.
    I never said that at all. I used that an example for why I think we will have poor attendance. Don’t put words in my mouth. You can say all the things you want just make sure they’re correct.

A fine example of some of the stuff y’all get worked up about...

Default Re: New AD

Last edited by eagle95; 1st April 2020 at 11:41 AM.

3. Default Re: New AD

Anyone know what we are paying Benko?

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    Anyone know what we are paying Benko?
    https://www.wtoc.com/2020/03/21/deta...nkos-contract/

man we love jam packing a contract with incentives

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    You mean like every contract in revenue generating college sports?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Red face Re: New AD

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Honestly I'm underwhelmed by the incentives and one year seems short. Salaries fine but if he truly is a difference maker he should have more incentive. 3.0 GPA will be tough but that ain't much of an incentive to discourage recruiting the 2.5 stud so I"m not too upset about it.

8. Default Re: New AD

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    Honestly I'm underwhelmed by the incentives and one year seems short. Salaries fine but if he truly is a difference maker he should have more incentive. 3.0 GPA will be tough but that ain't much of an incentive to discourage recruiting the 2.5 stud so I"m not too upset about it.
    +1

I thought the same thing. I mean, realistically what is $2500 to somebody making $300k? And, is a one year deal normal for AD’s?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1

I thought the same thing. I mean, realistically what is $2500 to somebody making $300k? And, is a one year deal normal for AD’s?
    Guys it is just like the coaches contracts. One year state contract; multiple years guaranteed by the Athletic Foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Guys it is just like the coaches contracts. One year state contract; multiple years guaranteed by the Athletic Foundation.
    I thought CTS and CCL both had multiple year state contracts. IIRC, CTS was the first one after the whining that CWF did about it when he left.

I'd love to find out when the BOR allowed the change from one year to multi year to happen. I thought it was always the same as our CWF contract, but when he left we found that Richt and PJ both had multi year contracts at the time.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive