TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New AD

Default Re: New AD

It would be crazy not to have some boosters on the committee. Looks like the committee did a pretty good job. Thanks for your service.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    If the end result is an excellent AD, I don't really care if the committee was composed of the 3 stooges and the 7 dwarfs. Time will tell how well this selection committee did.
    Time won't tell actually.

You can really only judge decision making based on what the committee knew when they made the hire, not based on whether it works out or not.

It's not really intellectually honest or fair to judge decision making in Hindsight.

That's how you KNOW Tyson Summers was a terrible hire...because about 85% of this board immediately knew it wasn't going to work before the guy ever stepped on campus.

Compare that to Chris Hatcher (who I would argue was a GOOD choice on paper).

I say all that to say this...the AD was an "OK" hire. We didn't knock it out of the park or anything but we never do. If he's decent, that's to be expected. If he ends up being great, that's just dumb luck (like Lunsford winning 10 games year 1)

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Is it normal for a booster to be co-chair of a search committee for an Athletic Director?
    Did you have any questions or issues when the alumni association board president was on the search committee for Dr. Morreno? I believe they were the head of the committee. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am 99.9% certain that the AF board is always heavily involved in searches like this. Remember these people full time jobs and families, and this search takes up a lot of their personal time. A lot. They are doing this for free as a service to GS because they care a lot. Plus a lot of these people are successful in the business world. Great leaders make good decisions.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

4. Default Re: New AD

I mean if I’m the one mostly footing the bill for the pay bump to attract a better candidate, I’d want a spot at the table too. Honestly, some of the stuff y’all get worked up about...

5. Default Re: New AD

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Okay, here it is...no, it is not unusual. What are you getting at?
    Holy crap, I’m not getting at anything, I just wanted a simply answer to a simple question. I asked the question because I didn’t know the answer... novel concept, I know. I only get paranoid cryptic responses to said question and I am the one “getting at” something? smh.

6. Default Re: New AD

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    No.

It is not abnormal.

Happy now?
    You know nothing. Get bent.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Holy crap, I’m not getting at anything, I just wanted a simply answer to a simple question. I asked the question because I didn’t know the answer... novel concept, I know. I only get paranoid cryptic responses to said question and I am the one “getting at” something? smh.
    Just my two cents from the outside looking in since you asked why everyone was making such a big deal out of it. Part of the issue I think is how you asked the question. Calling the chair and co-chair a "booster" ignores the position that they hold. Yes it's semantics, but they are not just a booster. They aren't just you or I that give money to the program and nothing else. They are also the chairs of the Athletic Foundation which is a part of the Athletic Department and holds a significant role as the fundraising arm of the program. They are not just some random booster and to call them such diminishes the leadership roll that they play in the program.

And they weren't cryptic responses, they were explaining who they were since you appeared to not know by calling them a "booster".
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Question: Why is this job desirable?
    Answer: "History and Potential" ...exactly.

9. Default Re: New AD

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Just my two cents from the outside looking in since you asked why everyone was making such a big deal out of it. Part of the issue I think is how you asked the question. Calling the chair and co-chair a "booster" ignores the position that they hold. Yes it's semantics, but they are not just a booster. They aren't just you or I that give money to the program and nothing else. They are also the chairs of the Athletic Foundation which is a part of the Athletic Department and holds a significant role as the fundraising arm of the program. They are not just some random booster and to call them such diminishes the leadership roll that they play in the program.

And they weren't cryptic responses, they were explaining who they were since you appeared to not know by calling them a "booster".
    Thanks for clarifying. So they are boosters that give so much that they get a title and some business cards.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Honestly, some of the stuff y’all get worked up about...
    Why is it not okay to ask that question but okay to claim we'll have a crowd for App State the same size as we had for an 0-3 GS team playing Ark State on a Wednesday night? I mean, it's fine to to dismiss or criticize people's concerns, but I don't get this idea that people shouldn't even say certain things about certain things.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.