Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Byington to JMU?

Default Re: Byington to JMU?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    And some of y’all still saying it was a lateral move lmao
    It’s not $450. It’s $375.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think this is the right move for him. People were beginning to sour on him, me included at times, and he did too much for this program to be remembered in a negative way. Iím thankful for how he changed the culture and expectations of Georgia Southern basketball.
    yep, 3 straight 20 win seasons and 4 years of Tookie, that was pretty good and fun. Wish him the best and Iíll be following JMU. 1st year in new arena lots of up swing/potential, like I said, no brainer.

Base is $375K with $75K for media and radio and tv stuff, so yes it is $450K.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

4. Default Re: Byington to JMU?

More than the salary for our AD lol...tats just rich

JMU, next season, 4 guard and a 6’7” big man offense. Will be in top ten for 3 point shot attempts, play switching man to man defense along with a 3/4 court trap. 6’7” big man will weigh 185lbs.

Did Quan graduate?, he has one year left, will CB take him?. Wonder if the UAB transfer will follow CB to JMU?. He might just leave GS basketball cup board empty.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Did Quan graduate?, he has one year left, will CB take him?. Wonder if the UAB transfer will follow CB to JMU?. He might just leave GS basketball cup board empty.
    I doubt Jackson or Bryant leave but who knows these days?!

I feel almost certain we will have 1 or more hop into the portal.

Quan did not graduate. His mother posted on Facebook they are in a wait an see approach with the unknown future.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

JMU, next season, 4 guard and a 6’7” big man offense. Will be in top ten for 3 point shot attempts, play switching man to man defense along with a 3/4 court trap. 6’7” big man will weigh 185lbs.
    Have you looked at JMU’s roster. Don’t know how talented they are, but to me it looked perfect for Byington, size-wise. Only one senior this past season.

10. Default Re: Byington to JMU?

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think this is the right move for him. People were beginning to sour on him, me included at times, and he did too much for this program to be remembered in a negative way. Iím thankful for how he changed the culture and expectations of Georgia Southern basketball.
    there are those of us who were going to Southern when the school was making NCAA/NIT (before the NCAA field expanded to 64) appearances fairly regularly.
    that's my expectation.
    It's now, what, 28 years and counting since the last NCAA Tournament appearance?