TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Byington to JMU?

Default Re: Byington to JMU?

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Are you referencing actually graduating or running out of eligibility? He has one year of eligibility left but he also redshirted so there is a very good chance he will graduate this semester or over the summer and could be an immediately eligible grad transfer.
    Didn't know that, she made a post on the basketball fan page on Facebook. I assumed he was a junior.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Kincaid View Post
    there are those of us who were going to Southern when the school was making NCAA/NIT (before the NCAA field expanded to 64) appearances fairly regularly.
    that's my expectation.
    It's now, what, 28 years and counting since the last NCAA Tournament appearance?
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    Must been nice...
    And the priorities changed around 34 years ago. Still, this is an opportunity to enhance MBB. That history shows what could happen with the right staff. When economic, enrollment and support times are better, I believe there is a master plan for an arena on the south campus in Statesboro. Of course, that was noted before the merger.

Quote Originally Posted by BullochHLN View Post
    If he leaves he will become the first GA Southern men's basketball coach to leave here on his own (not fired or retired) for another job since...
    Chapman? In 77?

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Chapman? In 77?
    True

Quote Originally Posted by BullEagle View Post
    And the priorities changed around 34 years ago. Still, this is an opportunity to enhance MBB. That history shows what could happen with the right staff. When economic, enrollment and support times are better, I believe there is a master plan for an arena on the south campus in Statesboro. Of course, that was noted before the merger.
    And before crowds became dangerous. Sure hope the world changes back again before too long. It's hard to wrap your mind around all the enterprises that are endangered.

6. Default Re: Byington to JMU?

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    NO!!!!, JMU about to open a state of the art 8,500 seat Basketball Arena, go to their sight, absolutely beautiful. JMU enrollment 22,000. I would view it as a step up.
    I agree with all of this, but I think we might have just improved our basketball program with new coach. Coach Byington is a great guy and I wish him the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    I agree with all of this, but I think we might have just improved our basketball program with new coach. Coach Byington is a great guy and I wish him the very best.
    we will see, the last 3 seasons 20 win seasons so in that regard he has some big shoes to fill. He is suppose to be a great recruiter and he better be.

8. Default Re: Byington to JMU?

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    we will see, the last 3 seasons 20 win seasons so in that regard he has some big shoes to fill. He is suppose to be a great recruiter and he better be.
    20 wins, big deal. Thatís an accomplishment, donít get me wrong... but honestly I couldnít care less if Byington won 30 games a year, because he couldnít bring home any hardware (w/ the best SBC player for 4yrs), or even a single NCAA appearance.

9. Default Re: Byington to JMU?

Iíve been saying this every year ^^^

20 wins is also a fallacy. Because we play a minimum of two D2 games a season. Hopefully that stops under the new regime.