TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball Coaching Search Thread

Default Re: Basketball Coaching Search Thread

The next guy should probably make $300-$350k base plus incentives. Probably closer to $300k.

Jeff Goodmanís List of Up and Coming Coaches .....

https://watchstadium.com/jeff-goodma...se-10-25-2019/

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    Jeff Goodmanís List of Up and Coming Coaches .....

https://watchstadium.com/jeff-goodma...se-10-25-2019/
    LeVelle Moton, Mike Jones, and Dan Majerle should be in our price range.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenEagle View Post
    LeVelle Moton, Mike Jones, and Dan Majerle should be in our price range.
    sorry but I just don’t see any on that list that would leave from where there at now to come to GS.

5. Default Re: Basketball Coaching Search Thread

Majerle just got canned from Grand Canyon. They announced it on the same day NCAA canned everything.

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
    Majerle just got canned from Grand Canyon. They announced it on the same day NCAA canned everything.
    I loved Thunder Dan as a player but not as GSís next coach.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    sorry but I just don’t see any on that list that would leave from where there at now to come to GS.
    Georgia Southern is a significant step up from Radford, NC Central, and Grand Canyon. Majerle is unemployed. Itís debatable that we would want him, but heís not in a position to say no. Moton and Jones make peanuts. This isnít a glamorous job but itís not as terrible as youíre making it out to be. Iím surprised youíve made the turn from #1 basketball fan to negative Nancy so fast.

The big guy just tweeted that he had a teleconference with Benko and there is a lot of interest in our position, and he expects the hire to happen quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenEagle View Post
    Georgia Southern is a significant step up from Radford, NC Central, and Grand Canyon. Majerle is unemployed. It’s debatable that we would want him, but he’s not in a position to say no. Moton and Jones make peanuts. This isn’t a glamorous job but it’s not as terrible as you’re making it out to be. I’m surprised you’ve made the turn from #1 basketball fan to negative Nancy so fast.
    im not negative just pointing out some of our basketball shortcomings, kind of reality based rather than GS "homer'ism". Ive outlined how I would go about filling our HC job. Go down the list of the top 10 JUCO programs and the top 10 D2 programs over the past 10 years. Then check the coaching history for each school over that period of time. Select 5 of those HC's(out of those 20 schools) and interview them. That way, money, salary shouldn't be a drawback/sticking point. You also use the "stepping stone" principle as a positive marketing tool rather than negative. "Come here, do well, move on to bigger and better things". That type of "pool" I think would bring a "hungry" HC in, rather than a retread HC from a non significant D1 program, just my IMO. We went the D2 route with our current ladies HC and I like what I'm seeing, out of those 20 schools there has to be a Coach Howard type.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    The big guy just tweeted that he had a teleconference with Benko and there is a lot of interest in our position, and he expects the hire to happen quickly.
    I hope our AD stresses to potential hires, "Your job, win SB and get us to NCAA's sooner, rather than later". CB got us to the point of winning 20 games a season, now we move up, 20 wins a season, win a SB or two and every so often go "dancing"(and that doesn't mean every 28-30 years).