TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Health Care Worker / First Responder Appreciation Day?

Default Re: Health Care Worker / First Responder Appreciation Day?

Well if MLB thinks we'll be back in the summer, I think fall college football will be safe. Not everyone has a huge tv deal, MLS needs paid attendance more than the other pro sports.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    By fall pretty much every place of business will be open but I still bet we'll see restrictions on crowds
    well, we could only play conference games, no OOC. That way each school can move season back till last week in Sept or Oct. 1st.

MLB plans to, and I hope they get to, but no one really knows. The main thing is whether they'll be allowing crowds. Pro sports leagues can manage that. Not only can most college programs not, who the hell even wants to see CFB with no crowd. That's such an integral part of the atmosphere.

MLB plans to, and I hope they get to, but no one really knows. The main thing is whether they'll be allowing crowds. Pro sports leagues can manage that. Not only can most college programs not, who the hell even wants to see CFB with no crowd. That's such an integral part of the atmosphere.
    It beats watching re runs of American Pickers.(nothing against Mike and Frank, just saying). Or Storage Wars.

5. Default Re: Health Care Worker / First Responder Appreciation Day?

By fall pretty much every place of business will be open but I still bet we'll see restrictions on crowds
    So no impact to Georgia State football games?

Quote Originally Posted by TiftEagle View Post
    So no impact to Georgia State football games?
    They’ll prolly see an “uptick”.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    It beats watching re runs of American Pickers.(nothing against Mike and Frank, just saying). Or Storage Wars.
    Come on, man. Every season of Magnum, P.I. is available on Prime Video. Why are you watching garbage like American Pickers and Storage Wars?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

I was thinking about this. The SEC and ACC could survive a year without crowds, but GS (and most of the Funbelt) would be seriously impacted. We don’t have the TV money to sustain us. And imagine the hit on season ticket holders. Also, we are going to lose a lot of casual fans strictly out of fear.

I don’t think we will see college football this year. We all wondered how it would end. What is the beginning of the end for football. It very well may be Covid-19.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    That would have lasting implications for sports as we know it. I doubt Georgia Southern Athletics can continue to run in its current state should we lose an entire season of our most important sport.
    You could substitute many types of commerce for "sports" and many businesses for "Georgia Southern Athletics." This massive shut-down is like an extinction event. It will kill off a lot of enterprises and open niches for others. Whether or not we play before large crowds in 2020, everything will be different, not just in football.

This crisis is giving the internet a big kick forward in many ways, for only one example. Something like online education is not what many people prefer, but if that's the only option, they will learn to use it and get good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I don’t even want to think about the prospect of no football.
    At this point "no crowds" is more likely than "no football." Abbott Labs just came out with a cheap, fast test for COVID-19, so in a few weeks the coaches can test everybody to see who is safely past the exposure to this virus. However, experts might say that does not apply to large crowds that would include people who are at risk because they are not immune yet and have vape-damaged lungs or whatever (nobody is mentioning that, BTW. How much sub-clinical damage to young lungs is out there???).

So, just a guess at this point, we could be playing to TV audiences. It's hard for me to see herd immunity (which requires large scale vaccination) before the 2021 season.