TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia Southern hires Brian Burg as head men's basketball coach

Default Re: Georgia Southern hires Brian Burg as head men's basketball coach

Brian Burg aka "The Floating Head"

One good question was asked, the question about Calvin and Quan. The rest were softball tosses. I thought someone would ask, “Coach, GS lost their 3 big men to graduation, do you have some big men your eyeing for next season(recruits)?

No coaches named yet.

Wish someone asked, “Coach, can you describe what your offensive/defensive philosophies are”. You know a basketball sports question.

Coach did say he looked at the roster(and kept a straight face when doing so).

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    One good question was asked, the question about Calvin and Quan. The rest were softball tosses. I thought someone would ask, “Coach, GS lost their 3 big men to graduation, do you have some big men your eyeing for next season(recruits)?
    We're too small of a school to get the Garza's of college basketball, unless we get lucky or get a Euro underrated player. But I'll take a pre injury Eric Ferguson type every day and twice on Sunday.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    We're too small of a school to get the Garza's of college basketball, unless we get lucky or get a Euro underrated player. But I'll take a pre injury Eric Ferguson type every day and twice on Sunday.
    we will wait and see, maybe the next time people can interview him, the question pertaining to bringing in some height and weight could be asked. I didn't learn anything about Coach today other than his borrowing Chads "blue collar" line. Coach did say the team will be unselfish and work harder than any team they will play. To pack our gym he spoke of the team being more connected to their fellow students and the team getting out in the community to encourage students/community to show up.

9. Default Re: Georgia Southern hires Brian Burg as head men's basketball coach

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Why would that be a priority between his hire a couple days ago and getting to campus for the first time ever, during a pandemic? I mean, you don’t think anybody Texas Tech was recruiting is going to flip to GS, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Why would that be a priority between his hire a couple days ago and getting to campus for the first time ever, during a pandemic? I mean, you don’t think anybody Texas Tech was recruiting is going to flip to GS, do you?
    no, I don’t see him flipping any TT recruits. It’s his 3rd day on the job, recruiting starts in what 3 weeks? I’m not knocking the guy, he answered every question asked. For me I would have liked to of heard his general plans for the next month as they related to the coming season. Like timeline for naming his coaches, what he’s looking for in regards to filling roster. The type of offensive/ defensive scheme he’s partial too. But again, not knocking the guy, those questions weren’t asked. Maybe in another month when he’s had more time to settle in another Zoom presentation can be held. I’m excited to see where GS basketball is going. Don’t forget I like GS basketball much more than football.