TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia Southern hires Brian Burg as head men's basketball coach

Default Re: Georgia Southern hires Brian Burg as head men's basketball coach

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Byrd is the real deal. I beleive Mark told me he lead Georgia in scoring avg. his junior year. Said he was the fastest player he had every signed. Mark missed on his bigs in the early signing period and was planning on going the transfer/JUCO route for next years bigs. He wasn't tanking because he knew he was leaving. Also, it appears the Radford coach was JMU first choice and turned it down and then JMU offered Mark the job. Of course JMU denies that and said they interviewed Jones but didn't make him an offer
    im pulling for them, Byington also said the kid from Savannah who came in last season via JUCO was a stud, unfortunately we didn’t see that this past season. Interesting to see if the kids come or decommit

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    im pulling for them, Byington also said the kid from Savannah who came in last season via JUCO was a stud, unfortunately we didn’t see that this past season. Interesting to see if the kids come or decommit
    they signed - so they will have to either get a hardship waiver or sit out a year if they don't come. I feel good about the one from Georgia, his mom played basketball at GS, so I would think he is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    who are the 3 guys?, were they ever written up on GS web site, like 8 months ago? Or something?. I know we will field a team, but after 3 twenty win seasons in a row I’ve become spoiled, my expectations are we are to be highly competitive, goal, SB Champion, post season play. You can thank Byington for those lofty footballish expectations.
    verbalcommits.com has good information.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/georgia-southern

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    they signed - so they will have to either get a hardship waiver or sit out a year if they don't come. I feel good about the one from Georgia, his mom played basketball at GS, so I would think he is solid.
    They can be released from an NLI by the school. That's pretty common.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    They can be released from an NLI by the school. That's pretty common.

Yep. Because of the timing of basketball signing periods it’s very common for coaching changes to happen and kids get released from their NLI. A lot of people probably don’t know or forget that this is the reason we ended up with Tookie. Had signed with Miss St then they changed coaches and the new coach released Tookie from his LOI.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Dan McDonald from Rivals tweeted this morning Byrd did receive his release of his NLI. He can go anywhere now. Stinks because this guy was probably our best HS guard signee since Tookie.

Cal, Arkansas, Oregon State, Wake Forest, North Texas, ETSU, and Colorado State have contacted Quan.

Our fans crack me up. New coach comes in, a couple kids transfer, and that all of a sudden means the new coach obviously can't recruit, and the wheels are falling off. haha

Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    Cal, Arkansas, Oregon State, Wake Forest, North Texas, ETSU, and Colorado State have contacted Quan.
    nice pickings for Quan.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    Our fans crack me up. New coach comes in, a couple kids transfer, and that all of a sudden means the new coach obviously can't recruit, and the wheels are falling off. haha
    yah, no big deal a “couple of kids”(2 starters), a recruit who says no thanks. Burg can recruit and he will need too, let’s just say the lug nuts are loose on those wheels.