TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 31 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 307

Thread: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

  1. #1

    Default Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    https://twitter.com/calvinwishart/st...750127104?s=21

    Paves the way for UAB transfer Zack Bryant to take over at PG. Disappointing nonetheless.
    Artist Formerly Known as ditka4prez

    http://www.forgotten5.com

  2. #2

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenEagle View Post
    https://twitter.com/calvinwishart/st...750127104?s=21

    Paves the way for UAB transfer Zack Bryant to take over at PG. Disappointing nonetheless.
    i thought Calvin was a better fit at a 2 but imo still not good that he wants out. As far as recruiting Calvin knew what was coming in vs what not coming in. Tough to win with just a bunch of little guys running around.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    46,800

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Key paraphrase in his statement - including staying at GS.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  4. #4

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i thought Calvin was a better fit at a 2 but imo still not good that he wants out. As far as recruiting Calvin knew what was coming in vs what not coming in. Tough to win with just a bunch of little guys running around.
    He's from Minnesota. Not unusual for guys from that far from where they play to leave when the coach that recruited them leaves.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,749

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Sounds to me like he is making sure he's got options given the new coaching staff coming in and doesn't want to be left hanging in the event he isn't interested in sticking around after he meets Coach BB. Hopefully he chooses to stay. I'm sure CBB will also be trying to keep the guys we have committed and I expect him to bring in 2-3 of his own guys as well. Wouldn't surprise me to see a few guys from out "west" head east.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    He's from Minnesota. Not unusual for guys from that far from where they play to leave when the coach that recruited them leaves.
    yes I'm aware of that but he could have also said, "I love it at GS and want to be here to do all I can to help Coach Burg, the team and school be successful....."

  7. Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    yes I'm aware of that but he could have also said, "I love it at GS and want to be here to do all I can to help Coach Burg, the team and school be successful....."
    We’d love for him to say that. Unfortunately, that’s just not the nature of college sports these days. Can’t fault the man for doing what he thinks is best for him and his family. Hope he decides to stay here once he gets acquainted with the new staff.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    We’d love for him to say that. Unfortunately, that’s just not the nature of college sports these days. Can’t fault the man for doing what he thinks is best for him and his family. Hope he decides to stay here once he gets acquainted with the new staff.
    its not that he was sitting so far and down deep on the bench that he was getting splinters. I remember one time in HS, we were playing at Colonie HS, they had a rat’y little hot gym, I knew I wouldn’t get in game and I knew it was going to be like a sauna in there so I didn’t wear my uniform top under my warmup jacket. I was right, I didn’t get called on to throw up the Garns special (35 footer’s from downtown)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,994

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Nothing wrong with testing the waters. He isn't saying he's gone, just that with a new coach coming in he wants to make sure he's int eh best situation. I just hope him testing the waters doesn't negate his scholly and then he's out in the cold if he does want to come back.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  10. #10

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Coach Burg is supposed to be a good recuriter......this will be his first test........It stinks that the team is not on campus so he can meet with them face to face.

Similar Threads

  1. More Transfer Portal fun.....
    By KJ Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 15th May 2019, 10:15 PM
  2. Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal
    By GATA2020 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 15th May 2019, 06:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •