TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

https://twitter.com/calvinwishart/st...750127104?s=21

Paves the way for UAB transfer Zack Bryant to take over at PG. Disappointing nonetheless.
    Artist Formerly Known as ditka4prez

http://www.forgotten5.com

Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenEagle View Post
    https://twitter.com/calvinwishart/st...750127104?s=21

Paves the way for UAB transfer Zack Bryant to take over at PG. Disappointing nonetheless.
    i thought Calvin was a better fit at a 2 but imo still not good that he wants out. As far as recruiting Calvin knew what was coming in vs what not coming in. Tough to win with just a bunch of little guys running around.

Key paraphrase in his statement - including staying at GS.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i thought Calvin was a better fit at a 2 but imo still not good that he wants out. As far as recruiting Calvin knew what was coming in vs what not coming in. Tough to win with just a bunch of little guys running around.
    He's from Minnesota. Not unusual for guys from that far from where they play to leave when the coach that recruited them leaves.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Sounds to me like he is making sure he's got options given the new coaching staff coming in and doesn't want to be left hanging in the event he isn't interested in sticking around after he meets Coach BB. Hopefully he chooses to stay. I'm sure CBB will also be trying to keep the guys we have committed and I expect him to bring in 2-3 of his own guys as well. Wouldn't surprise me to see a few guys from out "west" head east.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    He's from Minnesota. Not unusual for guys from that far from where they play to leave when the coach that recruited them leaves.
    yes I'm aware of that but he could have also said, "I love it at GS and want to be here to do all I can to help Coach Burg, the team and school be successful....."

7. Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

yes I'm aware of that but he could have also said, "I love it at GS and want to be here to do all I can to help Coach Burg, the team and school be successful....."
    We’d love for him to say that. Unfortunately, that’s just not the nature of college sports these days. Can’t fault the man for doing what he thinks is best for him and his family. Hope he decides to stay here once he gets acquainted with the new staff.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    We’d love for him to say that. Unfortunately, that’s just not the nature of college sports these days. Can’t fault the man for doing what he thinks is best for him and his family. Hope he decides to stay here once he gets acquainted with the new staff.
    its not that he was sitting so far and down deep on the bench that he was getting splinters. I remember one time in HS, we were playing at Colonie HS, they had a rat’y little hot gym, I knew I wouldn’t get in game and I knew it was going to be like a sauna in there so I didn’t wear my uniform top under my warmup jacket. I was right, I didn’t get called on to throw up the Garns special (35 footer’s from downtown)

Coach Burg is supposed to be a good recuriter......this will be his first test........It stinks that the team is not on campus so he can meet with them face to face.

Agree with him being a better fit at the 2. He was our best 3pt shooter at 38% and I believe that could go up with him playin off the ball a little more. He was adequate as a primary ball handler, and we missed that part of his game when he went out, but that pressure detracted from other parts of his game IMO. Also read where coach burg teaches the fundamentals of shooting well so that should help our players also. All that said, hoping he returns next season.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11