TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

1. Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

He gets to spend his last year of eligibility in Santa Barbara, California... in a program that has seen more success in his lifetime. He gets to play conference games in Long Beach and Hawaii in lieu of Jonesboro and Monroe, LA. I really don't think its very difficult to find the motivation for a young kid who is already 1K+ miles from home.

Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    He gets to spend his last year of eligibility in Santa Barbara, California... in a program that has seen more success in his lifetime. He gets to play conference games in Long Beach and Hawaii in lieu of Jonesboro and Monroe, LA. I really don't think its very difficult to find the motivation for a young kid who is already 1K+ miles from home.

He will actually have 2 years left after he sits out this year. Wishart only a sophomore. Itís why losing him hurts worse than Quan IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    He will actually have 2 years left after he sits out this year. Wishart only a sophomore. Itís why losing him hurts worse than Quan IMO.
    +1

4. Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    He will actually have 2 years left after he sits out this year. Wishart only a sophomore. It’s why losing him hurts worse than Quan IMO.
    Agree

FWIW: Hodge & Ertel from ULM & Lafayette from UL (yes, that's his name) all entered the portal today.

Troy has had a lot of movement so far this off-season as well

GaSt has at least 2

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    i did some research, Santa Barbara HC will enter his 3rd season there., I think 45-17 over 1st 2 years. Came from Univ Arizona where he was assistant. He was HC at Univ of New Orleans but left there after school dropped D1 basketball(soon after Katrina). Guy seems to be up and coming young HC.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i did some research, Santa Barbara HC will enter his 3rd season there., I think 45-17 over 1st 2 years. Came from Univ Arizona where he was assistant. He was HC at Univ of New Orleans but left there after school dropped D1 basketball(soon after Katrina). Guy seems to be up and coming young HC.

you mean like the guy he ran out on?
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    you mean like the guy he ran out on?
    our new guy still has to prove he’s a good HC. The coach in California is all ready proven it.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    our new guy still has to prove he’s a good HC. The coach in California is all ready proven it.
    Our guy has just as many NCAA tournament appearances as their guy.

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    FWIW: Hodge & Ertel from ULM & Lafayette from UL (yes, that's his name) all entered the portal today.

Troy has had a lot of movement so far this off-season as well

GaSt has at least 2
    Gagstate has also picked up one in the portal
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg