TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 314

Thread: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

  1. #131

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    I really lik(ed) Calvin

    seems like you would give the new guy a chance if you ever really gave a crap about GS

    but everyone out for themselves now I guess
    Amen!
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

  2. #132

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    I really lik(ed) Calvin

    seems like you would give the new guy a chance if you ever really gave a crap about GS

    but everyone out for themselves now I guess
    maybe 40-50 years ago. The ways things are going I can just picture 10 years from now saying to the wife, “remember when we played our last round of golf at the University Course, dam this virus”. Or “too bad Calvin never got a chance to play for the Grouchos, dam this virus”

  3. #133

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    I wish I knew what the backstory is here. I doubt it is as simple as "oh, Byington has left, so I'm gonna bail on Southern before learning much about the new guy." He seemed to have made up his mind pretty quickly, and consequently chose a new school pretty quickly as well.

  4. #134

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    I wish I knew what the backstory is here. I doubt it is as simple as "oh, Byington has left, so I'm gonna bail on Southern before learning much about the new guy." He seemed to have made up his mind pretty quickly, and consequently chose a new school pretty quickly as well.
    I honestly don’t think Calvin was happy here even if Mark stayed.

  5. Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    He gets to spend his last year of eligibility in Santa Barbara, California... in a program that has seen more success in his lifetime. He gets to play conference games in Long Beach and Hawaii in lieu of Jonesboro and Monroe, LA. I really don't think its very difficult to find the motivation for a young kid who is already 1K+ miles from home.

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    29,365

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    He gets to spend his last year of eligibility in Santa Barbara, California... in a program that has seen more success in his lifetime. He gets to play conference games in Long Beach and Hawaii in lieu of Jonesboro and Monroe, LA. I really don't think its very difficult to find the motivation for a young kid who is already 1K+ miles from home.

    He will actually have 2 years left after he sits out this year. Wishart only a sophomore. Itís why losing him hurts worse than Quan IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  7. #137

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    He will actually have 2 years left after he sits out this year. Wishart only a sophomore. Itís why losing him hurts worse than Quan IMO.
    +1

  8. Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    He will actually have 2 years left after he sits out this year. Wishart only a sophomore. It’s why losing him hurts worse than Quan IMO.
    Agree

  9. #139

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    FWIW: Hodge & Ertel from ULM & Lafayette from UL (yes, that's his name) all entered the portal today.

    Troy has had a lot of movement so far this off-season as well

    GaSt has at least 2

  10. #140

    Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    He gets to spend his last year of eligibility in Santa Barbara, California... in a program that has seen more success in his lifetime. He gets to play conference games in Long Beach and Hawaii in lieu of Jonesboro and Monroe, LA. I really don't think its very difficult to find the motivation for a young kid who is already 1K+ miles from home.
    i did some research, Santa Barbara HC will enter his 3rd season there., I think 45-17 over 1st 2 years. Came from Univ Arizona where he was assistant. He was HC at Univ of New Orleans but left there after school dropped D1 basketball(soon after Katrina). Guy seems to be up and coming young HC.

Similar Threads

  1. More Transfer Portal fun.....
    By KJ Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 15th May 2019, 10:15 PM
  2. Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal
    By GATA2020 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 15th May 2019, 06:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •