TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Nothing he didn't already have here. When someone who seemed happy here just ups and leaves, I always wonder why. Certainly wasn't a playing time issue. And if it was just about Mark leaving, he would have followed him to JMU.

It actually could be a playing time issue. Byington liked small lineups so he would have been fine if Byington was still here. But if the new coach wants bigger lineups then somebody between the UAB transfer, McCadden, and Wishart would be coming off the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Happens. You see it every year and all the time with coaching changes. I'm interested to see what Burg does with the scholarships available to him when it's time for tip off. It's possible we lose Quan and one of the current signees if not both. CBB is going to have to fill the roster during a pandemic. Let's see where we land.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    It actually could be a playing time issue. Byington liked small lineups so he would have been fine if Byington was still here. But if the new coach wants bigger lineups then somebody between the UAB transfer, McCadden, and Wishart would be coming off the bench.
    What's your thoughts on this, BTW? In spite of what some people here will say, I think getting taller will inevitably mean being less athletic. Not as fun to watch IMO, but that's fine if we win, but it sure does seem to me the best teams in the Sun Belt since we've joined (including Chris Beard's Little Rock team) have all been guard-centered teams.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 6th April 2020 at 11:44 AM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    What's your thoughts on this, BTW? In spite of what some people here will say, I think getting taller will inevitably mean being less athletic. Not as fun to watch IMO, but that's fine if we win, but it sure does seem to me the best teams in the Sun Belt since we've joined (including Chris Beard's Little Rock team) have all been guard-centered teams.
    By bigger he means playing more of a true 6’7 or 6’8 guy at the PF instead of a 6’5 guy who is more of a guard type. At least that’s what I think he means. It’s just a change in one body.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    By bigger he means playing more of a true 6’7 or 6’8 guy at the PF instead of a 6’5 guy who is more of a guard type. At least that’s what I think he means. It’s just a change in one body.
    yep, and tall doesn’t mean the guy isn’t athletic. What I’m hoping for is a 6’8” or two that both weigh over 190lbs who could be real power forwards.

I really lik(ed) Calvin

seems like you would give the new guy a chance if you ever really gave a crap about GS

but everyone out for themselves now I guess
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    I really lik(ed) Calvin

seems like you would give the new guy a chance if you ever really gave a crap about GS

Amen!
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    I really lik(ed) Calvin

maybe 40-50 years ago. The ways things are going I can just picture 10 years from now saying to the wife, “remember when we played our last round of golf at the University Course, dam this virus”. Or “too bad Calvin never got a chance to play for the Grouchos, dam this virus”

I wish I knew what the backstory is here. I doubt it is as simple as "oh, Byington has left, so I'm gonna bail on Southern before learning much about the new guy." He seemed to have made up his mind pretty quickly, and consequently chose a new school pretty quickly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    I wish I knew what the backstory is here. I doubt it is as simple as "oh, Byington has left, so I'm gonna bail on Southern before learning much about the new guy." He seemed to have made up his mind pretty quickly, and consequently chose a new school pretty quickly as well.
    I honestly don’t think Calvin was happy here even if Mark stayed.