TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Default Re: Calvin Wishart enters the transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Because you have spent a lot of time recently speaking negatively about the program and talking up others. I'm not sure why, as you always seem to be one of the more positive posters here. We'll be fine in the long run, even if we go through some short term growing pains. Frankly, I thought it was time for a fresh look for our basketball program anyway.
    i think I mentioned the huge accomplishment of “the program” winning 20 games three years in a row, the excitement of Tookie for 4 years. The only part of our program I would knock is the arena we play in but even then I said if we can consistently put 3-5,000 in there it’s Beautiful. I’m not a GS homer where everything no matter what is A-OK. I don’t see a problem with critiquing at times our sports programs. I also will continue to support our basketball program both men’s and women’s financially. Of course we will be OK basketball wise, we’ve been through NCAA sanctions, CY(smile) and now a coaching change. I’m excited for this coming season, it’s going to be fun to watch Coach Burg and what he does for this program and his/our quest to once again go to NCAA tournament. Let’s put it this way I’m much more interested in our upcoming basketball season than our football. I hope this helps you to realize Garns remains a die hard GS basketball/program fan.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i think I mentioned the huge accomplishment of “the program” winning 20 games three years in a row, the excitement of Tookie for 4 years. The only part of our program I would knock is the arena we play in but even then I said if we can consistently put 3-5,000 in there it’s Beautiful. I’m not a GS homer where everything no matter what is A-OK. I don’t see a problem with critiquing at times our sports programs. I also will continue to support our basketball program both men’s and women’s financially. Of course we will be OK basketball wise, we’ve been through NCAA sanctions, CY(smile) and now a coaching change. I’m excited for this coming season, it’s going to be fun to watch Coach Burg and what he does for this program and his/our quest to once again go to NCAA tournament. Let’s put it this way I’m much more interested in our upcoming basketball season than our football. I hope this helps you to realize Garns remains a die hard GS basketball/program fan.
    I'm perfectly fine with criticism as long as it's warranted.

I'm perfectly fine with criticism as long as it's warranted.
    and our imo’s may differ at times.

and our imo’s may differ at times.
    Well let's just say that I don't believe saying the wheels are coming off is worthy criticism for a guy who has been on the job for 2 weeks in the middle of a national health lockdown.

Well let's just say that I don't believe saying the wheels are coming off is worthy criticism for a guy who has been on the job for 2 weeks in the middle of a national health lockdown.
    sorry you didn’t like the expression. Coach is walking into a depleted roster, recruiting via Zoom, the path isn’t smooth and merry. It’s not like he is coming in here with 4 starters returning along with 3 bench players who highly contributed last season. How about this, the wheels ARNT coming off the tires just need some air(smile)

As of now it’s most likely going to be a rough couple years. There’s just no denying that at this point. The good news is basketball is the easiest sport to turn around quickly but Burg absolutely has his work cut out for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

sorry you didn’t like the expression. Coach is walking into a depleted roster, recruiting via Zoom, the path isn’t smooth and merry. It’s not like he is coming in here with 4 starters returning along with 3 bench players who highly contributed last season. How about this, the wheels ARNT coming off the tires just need some air(smile)
    Yes, but fortunately every other program is in the same boat as far as recruiting goes. The good thing about basketball is that it only takes one or two key players and all of a sudden you can be a contender.

Yes, but fortunately every other program is in the same boat as far as recruiting goes. The good thing about basketball is that it only takes one or two key players and all of a sudden you can be a contender.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    As of now itís most likely going to be a rough couple years. Thereís just no denying that at this point. The good news is basketball is the easiest sport to turn around quickly but Burg absolutely has his work cut out for him.
    that is all I been trying to say, +1000. And we on here will be pulling for him and the kids.

Just think if we get another CY or Ike. We'll be fine.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"