TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 22 123 ... LastLast

Thread: will their be a 2020 football season???? ;-(

Default will their be a 2020 football season???? ;-(

GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

Default Re: will their be a 2020 football season???? ;-(

I lean toward no but no one really knows

Depending on how well the virus is contained by October it may be possible to see the fall practice starting in the 2nd week of October and starting to play in end of October with a limited schedule. I hope the virus is contained 1st for peoples lives, the economy and then at lest a limited football season.
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.

MplsGopher said:
    That's why you test every player and every staff member, daily if need be.
    The testing will be done in a matter of minutes.

TALON - I don't know that testing every day will work starting at fall practice. I don't think that any sports team will have that privilege starting in August for all NCAA sports and high school sports.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Depending on how well the virus is contained by October it may be possible to see the fall practice starting in the 2nd week of October and starting to play in end of October with a limited schedule. I hope the virus is contained 1st for peoples lives, the economy and then at lest a limited football season.
    IMO, it really depends on how things look between June 15 and July 15.

By that latter date, colleges and universities will basically have to decide whether they can proceed with a "normal" Fall 2020 semester. If they can, we'll see college football. The season may start late, of course.

If we're going to see distance-only operation for most colleges and universities again in the fall semester, I don't see how we can have fall sports.

Also, if there are significant regional discrepancies by the middle of the summer (for instance, Georgia is ready to go back on-campus by August, but Montana isn't), then no, we won't see fall sports.

In my relatively worthless opinion, as always.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

By that latter date, colleges and universities will basically have to decide whether they can proceed with a "normal" Fall 2020 semester. If they can, we'll see college football. The season may start late, of course.

If we're going to see distance-only operation for most colleges and universities again in the fall semester, I don't see how we can have fall sports.

Also, if there are significant regional discrepancies by the middle of the summer (for instance, Georgia is ready to go back on-campus by August, but Montana isn't), then no, we won't see fall sports.

This is going to be the biggest driver behind on-campus school/sports (and most everything else, too). No way NYC and surrounding areas and other larger cities 'clean up' quicker than more rural areas...unless the hydrochloroquine and Z-pak really work as indicated.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

I think the best case scenario right now is a delayed season that starts in October. But that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    This is going to be the biggest driver behind on-campus school/sports (and most everything else, too). No way NYC and surrounding areas and other larger cities 'clean up' quicker than more rural areas...unless the hydrochloroquine and Z-pak really work as indicated.
    Actually, I would think New York (City) may because they are going to hit peak sooner than the rest of the country. The number of cases in NYC will be larger due to population density but they will, in theory, be past the majority of this before some other areas are peaking.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

I cannot imagine having brick-and-mortar schools doing online instruction all the way through the fall. It may not be hard for some faculty to transition to online learning but for others it's very hard if not impossible and you almost might as well not have some courses.

I think we'll see primary and secondary schools opening up because having online learning for the early grades is utterly pointless and that will also make college more likely to open back up.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I cannot imagine having brick-and-mortar schools doing online instruction all the way through the fall. It may not be hard for some faculty to transition to online learning but for others it's very hard if not impossible and you almost might as well not have some courses.

I think we'll see primary and secondary schools opening up because having online learning for the early grades is utterly pointless and that will also make college more likely to open back up.
    That's probably true. However, if we're still looking uphill at this thing in the middle of the summer, they won't have much choice.

We probably won't have answers about fall semester until mid-summer.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops