TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Who will return for baseball next year" thread

Default The "Who will return for baseball next year" thread

I'm guessing this is the tweet and article 1peat was referencing in another thread about Mason McWhorter and Steven Curry.

Getting these two back would be big for the offense. I'd also be keeping an eye to see if Owens and Johns leave from the pitching staff. Then of course there are non-seniors like Golden and Jordan Jackson who might go into the draft or be ready to move on. We don't have a lot of seniors but we have some important ones for sure. I don't think it would be too expensive especially considering none of these guys get full scholarships. Could be a really fun season next season if these guys come back next season.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Default Re: The "Who will return for baseball next year" thread

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'm guessing this is the tweet and article 1peat was referencing in another thread about Mason McWhorter and Steven Curry.

Getting these two back would be big for the offense. I'd also be keeping an eye to see if Owens and Johns leave from the pitching staff. Then of course there are non-seniors like Golden and Jordan Jackson who might go into the draft or be ready to move on. We don't have a lot of seniors but we have some important ones for sure. I don't think it would be too expensive especially considering none of these guys get full scholarships. Could be a really fun season next season if these guys come back next season.
    Golden is graduating he is in the same class as Curry and Mason. Mitch has no aspirations of playing pro ball, not sure Mitch will come back, he is a highly smart kid who I think will move on into his career.

That's correct, that's what I was talking about. Going off memory one of them has picked a graduate program/been accepted, while the other was trying to figure out what program. We're also going to have basically 2 freshman classes next season.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Need to keep Jackson in the fold. I’m not worried about seniors moving on. We need to recruit some power.

One thing to keep in mind is that the MLB draft is usually 40 rounds but this year is being shortened to 5 rounds (most likely), possibly 10. That’s going to make the decision for a lot of players that hope to continue playing after college.

Quote Originally Posted by gsufanatic View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that the MLB draft is usually 40 rounds but this year is being shortened to 5 rounds (most likely), possibly 10. That’s going to make the decision for a lot of players that hope to continue playing after college.
    Did we have any juniors or seniors that would have potentially gone in the now non existent later rounds?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Did we have any juniors or seniors that would have potentially gone in the now non existent later rounds?
    i think Curry and Mason would go later.

With the benefit of hindsight, any athlete forgoing a gift of another season is hard to believe

Once that door is closed it’s closed forever.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Seth Shumand was taken in the 6th rd last year. Highest since 2014. Had a first and second rounder in 2012 in Roache and Beck.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I’m not worried about seniors moving on. We need to recruit some power.
    Huh? McWhorter is one of the two guys on the team that can hit double-digit home runs in a season, and Curry might be the best lead-off guy we've had since the bats changed in 2010.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.