TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 125 of 126 FirstFirst ... 123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1253

Thread: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

1. Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Looks like B10, P12 and MWC are back this fall. I don’t know what the SBC Bowl season will look like this year, but the MAC is voting today to return.

Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

I can only imagine that bowl season will be a mess. Half the bowls struggle to make money during good years. Either the NCAA is going to have to step up to ensure smaller bowls can be solvent if they have to socially distance their crowds or (much more likely) we see many bowls get a free pass to scrap this season and we end up with about 15 bowl games with almost exclusively P5 representation.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    end up with about 15 bowl games with almost exclusively P5 representation.
    Hope I'm wrong but I suspect this will be the case
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

4. Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Pac 12 and Big 10 generate the most revenue, so I don't see how fans don't care. To me it seems their decision was more political than anything else.

I can only imagine that bowl season will be a mess. Half the bowls struggle to make money during good years. Either the NCAA is going to have to step up to ensure smaller bowls can be solvent if they have to socially distance their crowds or (much more likely) we see many bowls get a free pass to scrap this season and we end up with about 15 bowl games with almost exclusively P5 representation.
    NCAA has officially waived the rules about who is bowl eligible this season, meaning you could see a team with no wins in a bowl. Obviously with all these shortened schedules, and cancellations on top of that, less teams are going to get to 6 wins this year. The attendance will be up to the rules of the state of the bowl, NCAA has zero influence over that. They just need to hope the TV ratings are higher.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

That seems likely to me.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    Pac 12 and Big 10 generate the most revenue, so I don't see how fans don't care. To me it seems their decision was more political than anything else.
    No, that would be the SEC and Big 10.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    No, that would be the SEC and Big 10.

Big 10 had the most revenue in fiscal 2019 at $780 mil. SEC was 2nd at $720 mil. Everybody else was in the $450-$550 mil range I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

G State and Charlotte cancelled due to the virus
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

10. Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?