TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

SEC is also considering a conference only schedule.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

2. Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Kinda like how the virus is smart enough to infect people in large gatherings like weddings, funerals, etc but knows to leave protestors alone....
    Outdoors vs. indoors. Big difference.

Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Quote Originally Posted by BrookletEagle View Post
    Outdoors vs. indoors. Big difference.
    Didn't the virus start outdoor?

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    SEC is also considering a conference only schedule.
    I posted a few months ago. Conference games only but I’m afraid “fear” will scrap conference games only too. If SBC had to, we and every football member could bus. Some trips would be a heck of a ride but it could be done.

5. Default Re: What percent right now would you give to a 2020 college football season?

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    and again, nothing in regards to Covid19 will be different between Sept 2020 and spring 2021. With all this cautiousness no college sports will be played untill vaccine is developed and I doubt there will be one until late, late 2021, if then. Either go forward and play now or call it all off till 2022.
    Hope everyone enjoyed our time in Division 1. If this happens, we’ll be in restart mode and probably playing with Valdosta State and GCSU.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Hope everyone enjoyed our time in Division 1. If this happens, we’ll be in restart mode and probably playing with Valdosta State and GCSU.
    If we keep putting it off until it’s 100% safe,(vaccine), I’m VERY concerned about what GS Athletics will look like, amount too. It’s not just GS, it’s college athletics as a total. Strongest of the fittest. Major/big money P5’s will weather the storm, the ULM’s, GS’s of the world, I’m not sure. That’s why, play the darn games, stop playing now, well, see you in 22.

Say there is no season this year for high-schools either, will that not make recruiting waay harder? If there are no game tapes to watch of kids for one or even two years, it will be a lot tougher to know what you are getting. Recruiting at all levels would be more of a level playing field, I think you'd get more top players being missed by the Georgias and Alabamas, will add some parity.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Say there is no season this year for high-schools either, will that not make recruiting waay harder? If there are no game tapes to watch of kids for one or even two years, it will be a lot tougher to know what you are getting. Recruiting at all levels would be more of a level playing field, I think you'd get more top players being missed by the Georgias and Alabamas, will add some parity.
    Those kids are already on the P5 radars since 8th-9th grade. They're not going to miss many. It's the tweeners that will lose out the most, ie the 3 stars.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 10th July 2020 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Those kids are already on the P5 radars since 8th-9th grade. They're not going to miss many. It's the tweeners that will lose out the most, ie the 3 stars.
    I understand there won't be a ton, but I think there will be noticably more "tweeners", late bloomers, that will fall through the cracks and become studs at smaller schools than is typically the case. You don't lose a whole season of football (if that does happen) without there being SOME effect on scouting/recruiting.

Pac 12 to join the cancellation of OOC play.