3 5.36%
  • 5-7

5 8.93%
  • 4-8

0 0%
  • 3-9 or Worse

0 0%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Record Prediction Poll (Preliminary)

1. Default Re: 2020 Record Prediction Poll (Preliminary)

When we were joining the conference, Arkansas State was the one riding the glory train with the reputation for here-today-gone-tomorrow coaches. They've since regressed toward the mean thanks in small part to that constant disruption in recruiting. Look for App to do the same in the coming years. Hopefully, Shawn Clark is their Blake Anderson, does well enough to stay but not stellar enough to move on.

Default Re: 2020 Record Prediction Poll (Preliminary)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    That 4 win season is 6 years ago now.

They left it WAY behind.

Meanwhile we made bad decisions and are still suffering the consequences of those decisions.
    And we doubled down by bringing back a huge miss on a hire for year 2 which set us back even more. Hire Lunsford then, and we are in much better shape today.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

3. Default Re: 2020 Record Prediction Poll (Preliminary)

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    And we doubled down by bringing back a huge miss on a hire for year 2 which set us back even more. Hire Lunsford then, and we are in much better shape today.
    I really don’t think CL would have been offered the job if TS was kicked out after his first year, do you? I might be wrong, I have no evidence to support that, I just think that interim period was a key component to getting the offer. Interesting thought, though... what could’ve been different by now.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I really don’t think CL would have been offered the job if TS was kicked out after his first year, do you? I might be wrong, I have no evidence to support that, I just think that interim period was a key component to getting the offer. Interesting thought, though... what could’ve been different by now.
    Any competent coach would have won 7 games that season with that team. Heck I believe any one of us would have done a better job and I haven't played football since Tecmo Bowl. Mistake #1 not firing him. Mistake #2 Going 0-4 and not firing him. Mistake #3 Going 0-5 and not firing him.

5. Default Re: 2020 Record Prediction Poll (Preliminary)

With so much tv space opening up across the board thanks to cancelled games, what are the chances ESPN moves some of our weeknight games to the weekend to fill the void? Chiefly App/GS

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    With so much tv space opening up across the board thanks to cancelled games, what are the chances ESPN moves some of our weeknight games to the weekend to fill the void? Chiefly App/GS
    Heck, I'm just hoping that re-runs of Miami Vice pop up. I've still got the wardrobe somewhere around here...don't know if it still fits.

You think having App on a Wednesday isn't good for attendance? Playing them in early September would be much worse. I guess there's no guarantee we'll still be cleared for crowds in October but I'd rather not make that move now.

Plus, if my understanding of TV contracts is right, we get a flat amount each year from ESPN even if the ratings dip below what ESPN projects, and the flip side is if they're higher than ESPN projects they don't owe us more money.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Less than Lloyd's chances, negative 1 million.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    Heck, I'm just hoping that re-runs of Miami Vice pop up. I've still got the wardrobe somewhere around here...don't know if it still fits.
    LOL
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Just for thought, here's the Sun Belt's returning production with 2019 win percentages.

Team Returning Win Percentage Average
    Appalachian State 70% 93% 81%
    UL-Lafayette 66% 79% 72%
    Arkansas State 65% 62% 63%
    Georgia Southern 69% 54% 61%
    Georgia State 68% 54% 61%
    Coastal Carolina 75% 42% 58%
    Troy 60% 42% 51%
    UL-Monroe 49% 42% 45%
    South Alabama 65% 17% 41%
    Texas State 46% 25% 36%