TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunsford extended through 2024

1. Default Re: Lunsford extended through 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I think we're not very talented on the offensive line and our offensive scheme is not a very good option scheme. It's a decent inside zone scheme and we have an awful passing attack. We're incredibly boring and incredibly average on that side. We're probably more talented on defense and we run a more competent scheme.

We play very conservative and don't do anything special on either side of the ball.

I don't doubt that we're in competent hands, I just don't expect anything special. Things can always shift though...Coaches can improve just like players.
    I’m hoping passing will be better.

Shai got ‘intercepted’ so maybe he won’t be overly conservative.

Of course, we saw so many dropped passes. Gotta have both ends of that equation working

Default Re: Lunsford extended through 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I think we're not very talented on the offensive line and our offensive scheme is not a very good option scheme. It's a decent inside zone scheme and we have an awful passing attack. We're incredibly boring and incredibly average on that side. We're probably more talented on defense and we run a more competent scheme.

We play very conservative and don't do anything special on either side of the ball.

I don't doubt that we're in competent hands, I just don't expect anything special. Things can always shift though...Coaches can improve just like players.
    I'm not too optimistic about coaches improving. People tend to be consistent. However, adding Ruse to the mix will create a source of variation, new ideas, etc. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    The guy on the other side, personal issues aside, is a real coach as is calling plays, IIRC he had a play sheet in his hand. They skull drug our staff not our kids. Hopefully egos are put aside and Ruse can bring back some magic at least on offense.
    There will be NO magic, no matter who is calling the plays until we find a REAL GS O-Line period.

"YOUR BLOCKING F......ing GHOASTS!"

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    There will be NO magic, no matter who is calling the plays until we find a REAL GS O-Line period.
    Yep.

6. Default Re: Lunsford extended through 2024

I'm concerned about this.

How impossible is it to recruit those guys? How come we can't snag a grad transfer or two from GT for such purposes?

Are the kind of players we need becoming super rare? It's not like a whole lot of other schools are snagging them now....

What gives?

"YOUR BLOCKING F......ing GHOASTS!"
    that quote from our O-Line coach last season speaks volumes regarding what the real problem is. Unless that improves drastically I predict a rather ho-hum season no matter what play is called.

that quote from our O-Line coach last season speaks volumes regarding what the real problem is. Unless that improves drastically I predict a rather ho-hum season no matter what play is called.
    Plus won. When you can push Maine and NMSU off the ball but almost no one else, you gotta get better OL personnel, better OL coaching, or both.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

9. Default Re: Lunsford extended through 2024

I am sick to death of rewarding mediocrity. This extension should not have been offered until the end of the upcoming season, and then only with 8 wins minimum. I am afraid these moves trap us into budget, attendance, and buyout problems. I wish CL well and hope he is successful but he us still a new and unproven HC with a short decent but not great record.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    I am sick to death of rewarding mediocrity. This extension should not have been offered until the end of the upcoming season, and then only with 8 wins minimum.
    It wasn't offered, it's part of his contract with auto-renewal for winning 7+ games.