TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boise Game

Default Re: Boise Game

Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBluesman View Post
    I was talking to some of their fans on Reddit because I was getting ready to use my sky miles and everything but wanted to get their feel on the situation and they said they would honestly hold off. Really got a very uncertain vibe on their whole situation. So I’m at a loss as to whether I should go ahead and book it and if it cancels pay the $150 point refund fee (which defeats the purpose of sky miles anyways) or just wait till it’s closer and use more of my points once it gets closer. Also, in our link if you look close it says tickets are non refundable. Hotel deals are killer right now though. Also, their fans seemed like kind folks...gave me some tips on some cool hiking trails
    I did ask our ticket office about the refund policy and they said that if the game gets canceled, they'd be fully refunded. Personally, I'm thinking of holding off a little bit longer. Unfortunately still so much uncertainty out there. I do have a hotel room booked, but there's no cancellation fee there. Been tracking flight costs, but can't bring myself to book just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    The players are reporting in waves starting with today. They will be tested and quarantined. There will be group activities in the near future and team activities should start in six weeks. Providing that things don’t change from the current status as we know it, it looks like football will happen for sure in some form. Many that I have talk to in the college industry believe it will happen with fans in the stands even without limitations. I hope they are right!
    That's good to hear!!

I was talking to some of their fans on Reddit because I was getting ready to use my sky miles and everything but wanted to get their feel on the situation and they said they would honestly hold off. Really got a very uncertain vibe on their whole situation. So I’m at a loss as to whether I should go ahead and book it and if it cancels pay the $150 point refund fee (which defeats the purpose of sky miles anyways) or just wait till it’s closer and use more of my points once it gets closer. Also, in our link if you look close it says tickets are non refundable. Hotel deals are killer right now though. Also, their fans seemed like kind folks...gave me some tips on some cool hiking trails
    Oh yea I'm not booking until they say it's a go, and I was't going to until around July anyway. I've decided to make a long trip out of this and take a whole week off work, and visit 5 new to me states total. S/N Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho. I will use Southwest for the return flight home and use miles there. I recently did a credit card with them and the sign up bonus with a minimum spend was enough for 3+ round trip flights, and about to hit another bonus for another 3 or so flights.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    That's good to hear!!

Oh yea I'm not booking until they say it's a go, and I was't going to until around July anyway. I've decided to make a long trip out of this and take a whole week off work, and visit 5 new to me states total. S/N Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho. I will use Southwest for the return flight home and use miles there. I recently did a credit card with them and the sign up bonus with a minimum spend was enough for 3+ round trip flights, and about to hit another bonus for another 3 or so flights.
    Wyoming is beautiful. Spent a week in Jackson Hole and the Grand Teton National park a couple of years ago.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He’s a grown man, fishing’s not that hard." - Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    The players are reporting in waves starting with today. They will be tested and quarantined. There will be group activities in the near future and team activities should start in six weeks. Providing that things don’t change from the current status as we know it, it looks like football will happen for sure in some form. Many that I have talk to in the college industry believe it will happen with fans in the stands even without limitations. I hope they are right!
    +1, it’s getting time to ease up on the “limitations”, let these YOUNG people play football and let those that choose to go watch them play, watch them play.

This game wont happen. If there is football they will keep it more regionalized the best they can, especially non conference cross country trips.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    This game wont happen. If there is football they will keep it more regionalized the best they can, especially non conference cross country trips.
    this is part of the goofy limitations I'm talking about. Lets get on with it. I'll give you another example of "goofy", out at GS golf course, after your round you are to toss your pencils in a bin so they can sanitize them. The pencil I used to keep score can not be touched by another human in fear that they will catch the virus and die.

IIRC Boise shut their men's wrestling program down to add baseball. They're going to try to avoid shutting that program down after they played less than half of 1 season if it's possible. If this were the year they were coming to Statesboro they'd probably be more inclined to get out of the game.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Do you mind posting the link to that conversation? I think a few of us would like to follow that conversation and the Boise fans' feedback on the area and what not.

9. Default Re: Boise Game

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    this is part of the goofy limitations I'm talking about. Lets get on with it. I'll give you another example of "goofy", out at GS golf course, after your round you are to toss your pencils in a bin so they can sanitize them. The pencil I used to keep score can not be touched by another human in fear that they will catch the virus and die.

They do that because it's a fact.

People really do catch the virus that way. Nearly 2M Americans have.

10. Default Re: Boise Game

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    If they are going to make such large upheavals in everyone's schedules, they are quickly running out of time to figure that out.