TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: #97 In The Country; #3 In The Sunbelt; What Do You Think?

Default Re: #97 In The Country; #3 In The Sunbelt; What Do You Think?

Up untill The gophers last drive, I thought our defense played outstanding. When Gophers had to go 91 yards with no timeouts, I looked at the wife and said, “we got this, huge win”. One of our heartbreaking losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Maybe they shouldn't have thrown so many look out blocks.
    Yeah, they shouldn’t have. Basically we got almost a whole season’s worth of luck in the last 32 minutes of that game (starting with the fourth down decision near the end of the first half).
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Up untill The gophers last drive, I thought our defense played outstanding. When Gophers had to go 91 yards with no timeouts, I looked at the wife and said, “we got this, huge win”. One of our heartbreaking losses.
    That is why I hate only having a 6 point or less lead at the end of the game. It always seems harder for the defense to hold the win than for the offense to take the win. Because the defense has to do everything right, the offense only has to have one thing go their way. I was on pins and needles until the 0:00 hit the scoreboard at the UF game. I hate the feeling of getting a victory snatched out from under us at the last minute like NC State, GT, MN, Ark State, and many others. Those to me are harder losses to swallow than getting blown out 45-3.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    That is why I hate only having a 6 point or less lead at the end of the game. It always seems harder for the defense to hold the win than for the offense to take the win. Because the defense has to do everything right, the offense only has to have one thing go their way. I was on pins and needles until the 0:00 hit the scoreboard at the UF game. I hate the feeling of getting a victory snatched out from under us at the last minute like NC State, GT, MN, Ark State, and many others. Those to me are harder losses to swallow than getting blown out 45-3.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Yep. Add WKU 2002 to that list.

That’s college football, though. Partly it’s due to the clock rules. But I don’t understand why college defenses are seemingly less efficient in two-minute situations than in other situations.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yep. Add WKU 2002 to that list.

That’s college football, though. Partly it’s due to the clock rules. But I don’t understand why college defenses are seemingly less efficient in two-minute situations than in other situations.
    Potential of pressing too hard and not wanting to be the one guy that costs them the game, or maybe a "here we go again" mentality? I don't know...
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

7. Default Re: #97 In The Country; #3 In The Sunbelt; What Do You Think?

Back to the number 97 ranking and seventh in the Belt - our current Rivals recruiting class ranking is 110 in the country and 6 in the Belt. At least we are consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    Back to the number 97 ranking and seventh in the Belt - our current Rivals recruiting class ranking is 110 in the country and 6 in the Belt. At least we are consistent.
    Recruiting rankings are worthless at our level, even on signing day . . . which is almost six months from now.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    Ain't nobody signed right now.

Where's App recruiting rankings? Also aren't they also based more on class size vs average stars? Meaning 10 80's = 800 points, and 23 72s = 1656.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"