TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

  1. #11

    Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    True, but you also have to factor in the cost reduction of not feeding, sheltering and flying 100+ people to Mississippi, Louisiana, Idaho, etc.
    Plus not having to pay Campbell.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    47,050

    Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    True, but you also have to factor in the cost reduction of not feeding, sheltering and flying 100+ people to Mississippi, Louisiana, Idaho, etc.

    Saw an article about another team (sorry forgot who) and the loss of the money game(s) vs the expenses and it was something like $500K in expenses. Wish I could remember if 1 or 2 games but let's say it costs us $500K to travel to Ole Miss inclusive of all costs, hotels, meals, charter flight, etc. That's still a net of $1.1M. Let's say Boise pays us $800K, half of what a P5 pays, with a $500K in travel costs, that' still $300K net. Add in the SEC payday and that's $1.4M net.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Bluffton S.C.
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

    How much do we pay Campbell?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    28,041

    Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

    Saw an article about another team (sorry forgot who) and the loss of the money game(s) vs the expenses and it was something like $500K in expenses. Wish I could remember if 1 or 2 games but let's say it costs us $500K to travel to Ole Miss inclusive of all costs, hotels, meals, charter flight, etc. That's still a net of $1.1M. Let's say Boise pays us $800K, half of what a P5 pays, with a $500K in travel costs, that' still $300K net. Add in the SEC payday and that's $1.4M net.
    Boise isn't paying us for a home/home.


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    47,050

    Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Boise isn't paying us for a home/home.

    No wonder I wasn't able to google the payout. It's a home and home with no payout for either side?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    28,041

    Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

    No wonder I wasn't able to google the payout. It's a home and home with no payout for either side?
    Correct.

    That's what happens in a home/home.


  7. #17

    Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

    No wonder I wasn't able to google the payout. It's a home and home with no payout for either side?
    G5 vs G5

  8. #18

    Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geech View Post
    How much do we pay Campbell?
    I haven’t seen an exact figure but we paid our 2018 and 2022 FCS opponents $325,000 so probably that or close to it.

  9. #19

    Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

    What is our 2022 schedule?, the way things are going, that’s the next time we play football(maybe)

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    47,050

    Default Re: Ivy then Big Ten who is next?

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Correct.

    That's what happens in a home/home.
    I had no idea. Good to know. Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    I haven’t seen an exact figure but we paid our 2018 and 2022 FCS opponents $325,000 so probably that or close to it.
    I wonder what we pull in on average per game? Excluding students, 12K paid at $50 per ticket is $600K.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •