TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of Conference Game Prediction

Default Out of Conference Game Prediction

Now that we know the Sunbelt is working with teams to change the conference schedule and create openings for Non-Conference Games, who are some teams we could pick up. If we add games, we would want close schools to limit costs. The Mountain West's & AACs decisions will really clarify some options. Obviously Boise State will be impacted, but quite a few AAC teams have MWC games.

1. Army At Home (They need some games and have money to travel)
    2. Middle Tenn (Just Lost Game with UCONN)
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

Default Re: Out of Conference Game Prediction

Would we likely (or should we) schedule it as part of a home and home with the 2nd game being whenever there's an opening down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Would we likely (or should we) schedule it as part of a home and home with the 2nd game being whenever there's an opening down the road?
    If I am JB, I may try and swing a same year home and home with a team to kill two OOC games. I would try to move Boise to another year to allow for us to save on travel costs. Then go to a team like Central Florida/South Florida that has lost 2 games and offer to play them at home and away this year.
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    If I am JB, I may try and swing a same year home and home with a team to kill two OOC games. I would try to move Boise to another year to allow for us to save on travel costs. Then go to a team like Central Florida/South Florida that has lost 2 games and offer to play them at home and away this year.
    That would be really interesting actually. UCF is only about 4.5 hours away and could end up being a premier G5 matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    If we do this, there's likely going to have to be some money changing hands. The home team this year gets the benefit of not having to travel but also will lose money with ticket revenue due to reduced (or potentially no) fans in the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    If we do this, there's likely going to have to be some money changing hands. The home team this year gets the benefit of not having to travel but also will lose money with ticket revenue due to reduced (or potentially no) fans in the stadium.
    I think if you do a home and home in the same season you will be mutually benefiting each school. By keeping same number of home games with limited capacity, sponsor contracts will avoid make good clauses or reduced pricing next year. We may lose money on ticket and concession revenue, but we will stay even with sponsors. Any staying even with sponsors helps us in 2021.

I think if you do a home and home in the same season you will be mutually benefiting each school. By keeping same number of home games with limited capacity, sponsor contracts will avoid make good clauses or reduced pricing next year. We may lose money on ticket and concession revenue, but we will stay even with sponsors. Any staying even with sponsors helps us in 2021.
    Same season I agree- I was meaning if the second part of the home and home is scheduled for a future year.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Same season I agree- I was meaning if the second part of the home and home is scheduled for a future year.
    Wild card is BYU. We play them at home next year. If we moved that game to this year (they need 8 games), then we my could add another pay game next year to help with the budget.

Wild card is BYU. We play them at home next year. If we moved that game to this year (they need 8 games), then we my could add another pay game next year to help with the budget.
    When is our return visit to them scheduled for? Maybe we go there instead of Boise St this year and clear that up for future scheduling?

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    When is our return visit to them scheduled for? Maybe we go there instead of Boise St this year and clear that up for future scheduling?
    2024--same year we should Host Boise St

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/georgia-southern/