TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Story on GA Southern football scheduling

Default Re: Story on GA Southern football scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    or NDSU, JMU.
    Funny enough, NDSU hasn't played an FBS team since 2016, which of course they won over Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Funny enough, NDSU hasn't played an FBS team since 2016, which of course they won over Iowa.
    They had Oregon this season. It would've been the first time ever playing a FBS team full of 4 and 5 star players.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

No reason to travel for what probably wouldnít be a huge pay day.

4. Default Re: Story on GA Southern football scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    No reason to travel for what probably wouldnít be a huge pay day.
    Like a trip to West Point with nothing in return? I still donít understand our logic with that game. I know we needed to add another game to the calendar. I really like a game with Army and I understand the situation is unique but are we really going up there for free?

I mean, we currently have more leverage than ever and still canít get a H&H with them? With any G5? I guess itís possible that we are still working that part out with Army, but seriously what could be the difficultly in getting that done with a program that has no conference and why not announce a TBD? I guess some things will never change for us, no matter the AD.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Like a trip to West Point with nothing in return? I still donít understand our logic with that game. I know we needed to add another game to the calendar. I really like a game with Army and I understand the situation is unique but are we really going up there for free?

I mean, we currently have more leverage than ever and still canít get a H&H with them? With any G5? I guess itís possible that we are still working that part out with Army, but seriously what could be the difficultly in getting that done with a program that has no conference and why not announce a TBD? I guess some things will never change for us, no matter the AD.
    How do we know something else isn't being negotiated and the details just haven't been disclosed yet?

6. Default Re: Story on GA Southern football scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    How do we know something else isn't being negotiated and the details just haven't been disclosed yet?
    We donít know, well, I donít know, but thatís why I literally said itís possible that we are still working that out with them, also why I asked so many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    We donít know, well, I donít know, but thatís why I literally said itís possible that we are still working that out with them and why I asked so many questions.
    Wasn't fully awake and missed that part. Seriously though, a little patience goes a long way. I doubt we'd just do it for nothing. It's just a crazy time for everyone right now and the main focus is this year
    Personally, I'd rather them announce the details when it's all said and done than just say TBD. Most people don't remember the far out dates anyways, so why rush to announce something that may not occur until 26 or 27 at the earliest when we aren't even sure if we'll get to play the one this season.

I just don't care to see people throwing shade at JB when he's literally been thrown into the fire. Give the man some time!!

Wasn't fully awake and missed that part. Seriously though, a little patience goes a long way. I doubt we'd just do it for nothing. It's just a crazy time for everyone right now and the main focus is this year
    Personally, I'd rather them announce the details when it's all said and done than just say TBD. Most people don't remember the far out dates anyways, so why rush to announce something that may not occur until 26 or 27 at the earliest when we aren't even sure if we'll get to play the one this season.

I just don't care to see people throwing shade at JB when he's literally been thrown into the fire. Give the man some time!!
    This^

Don't know if we ever got hard confirmation we're through with the schedule, but this should probably do it.

https://gseagles.com/news/2020/8/15/...scrimmage.aspx

"Normally, this would be the end of camp for us with classes starting Monday," Lunsford said. "But with us having an extra week as of today to get ready, we'll continue to slowly ramp up our preparations, take care of our bodies and transition to game prep for Campbell."
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

10. Default Re: Story on GA Southern football scheduling

I sincerely hope your right, Iíd hate to see us get nothing in exchange for this game.

Seriously, why not rush to announce Army is (potentially) visiting Paulson? Itís not like itís common for higher profile programs to visit, give the fans something to get excited about. Do the supporting details really matter for a game that is 5-10 years away?