TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Score Prediction

Default Re: Louisiana Score Prediction

UL 440 total yards. YPP 7.3.
    GS 252 total yards. YPP 3.7.

And they were -2 turnover margin. They kicked our *** bigly.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Eagle View Post

i thought we were getting man handled. 7.3 to 3.7 that stat is the main reason people are concerned/alarmed around here. There was a time those numbers were reversed fairly consistently.

3. Default Re: Louisiana Score Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Army Eagle View Post

I’m sure there were excuses last year too.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i thought we were getting man handled. 7.3 to 3.7 that stat is the main reason people are concerned/alarmed around here. There was a time those numbers were reversed fairly consistently.
    We aren't the big dog in fcs anymore. We should be doing better, but we are in a conference with a lot more schools that actually are good and demand to be better.

The biggest thing that I remember from the UL game is jealousy. I don't care about an option based offense, just kicking *** at the line of scrimmage and mixing in an athletic qb who is a threat on the ground and in the air sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    The biggest thing that I remember from the UL game is jealousy. I don't care about an option based offense, just kicking *** at the line of scrimmage and mixing in an athletic qb who is a threat on the ground and in the air sounds good to me.
    I'm good with that! We see a lot of pretty darn good QBs in the Sunbelt that are DT that we should be able to get in the mix for. ULL's, USA's, Appy's (more of a passer but can run when needed), ULM had one that ate us alive one year, etc. We missed out on Campbell's QB because he wanted to pass more. If we could consistently compete and get these types of DT QB's and get the OL push that we need, I would have no problem dropping our version of the option completely and going to a more RPO style that does both well. I just want to win, I don't care what scheme we use to do it.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

7. Default Re: Louisiana Score Prediction

We actually gained 42 of the 252 yards on two plays. The other 66 plays averaged 3.18 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I'm good with that! We see a lot of pretty darn good QBs in the Sunbelt that are DT that we should be able to get in the mix for. ULL's, USA's, Appy's (more of a passer but can run when needed), ULM had one that ate us alive one year, etc. We missed out on Campbell's QB because he wanted to pass more. If we could consistently compete and get these types of DT QB's and get the OL push that we need, I would have no problem dropping our version of the option completely and going to a more RPO style that does both well. I just want to win, I don't care what scheme we use to do it.
    There's got to be more to that story. He chose Army out of HS, but didn't stick at West Point prep. He had two recruiting cycles, so I'd need to see clarification about which time we supposedly wanted him.

Also, "I wanted to pass more" could be code for, "I didn't see myself competing for early snaps at GS based on their entrenched starter and my impression that I wasn't their top target at QB. After watching film of the QB from Louisville, I decided to be a big fish in a small pond."

Honestly, the only opposing QBs I've ever coveted were Armanti Edwards and Taylor Heinicke. Oops--add Keenan Reynolds and Rickey Dobbs, I guess.

Right now, I mostly want another Tracy Ham, Raymond Gross, Greg Hill, J.R. Revere, Chaz Williams, Jayson Foster, Jerick McKinnon, or Kevin Ellison.

I'd be more than happy with another Kenny Robinson or Jaybo Shaw, too.

That said, I'd be happy with a more "typical" offense if it were productive.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

We got whipped. It's a miracle that we were in that game in the fourth quarter (before our D laid down).
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Big Frank just tweeted a video from the plane, so we are good to go for a game tomorrow.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"