TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Score Prediction

Default Re: Louisiana Score Prediction

I know some people don't want to hear this, but HOW we win is just as important as IF we win. Why you ask?

Well,

IF we squeak by a team that most consider to be of lesser talent, then that tells us that against the better competition we will likely struggle.

Sometimes we beat a team handily and it's still apparent that we would struggle against a good, well coached team. History has shown us as much.

I dont think there is anything wrong with people voicing their concerns about GS athletics on a message board that is dedicated to GS athletics. Most of the critical posts have had some basis in fact that has been put out there.

I think we may see a season more like 2007. Down at half in the opener to a lower-tier opponent but come back to win. Lots of very close contests (9 of our 11 games that year were decided by 1 possession) and at the end it will take the quarterbackís ability to take over control of the game to pull out some wins. Iím not trying to compare Foster to Werts by any means but both of them do/did have the ability to take control of the game and will us to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Iíd rather catch an opponent at their worst and win than catch them at their best and lose.
    Iíd rather figure how much better/worse my team is and then recruit and practice and make adjustments and keep sharpening iron.

Nothing wrong with either opinion.

I just went back and looked at the box score and scoring recap from last years game, I didnít remember that we were in that game until the 4th quarter. If the 2019 team can hang tough with that team we should have a shot Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I just went back and looked at the box score and scoring recap from last years game, I didn’t remember that we were in that game until the 4th quarter. If the 2019 team can hang tough with that team we should have a shot Saturday.
    We also stalled in the red zone 3 times and had 1 drive killed by a bad snap. We did an okay job of sustaining drives in the game, just didn't have any explosiveness.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

6. Default Re: Louisiana Score Prediction

I just went back and looked at the box score and scoring recap from last years game, I didnít remember that we were in that game until the 4th quarter. If the 2019 team can hang tough with that team we should have a shot Saturday.
    Yep, and Iíll never forget how Bob took his sweet time getting down the field in that quarter, as if we had the lead. He had us huddling up, taking his time to get the play in, taking post-game meal orders, running the game clock down to single digits, it was maddening.

Last years game, how many yards rushing did they have?, I remember the game as we got punched in the mouth.

I remember them being very fortunate on one of their touchdowns. The receiver caught the ball laying on his back, after being tipped once or twice. And Ragas.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Last years game, how many yards rushing did they have?, I remember the game as we got punched in the mouth.
    I remember reading on their message board before the game their fans saying they had one of the best offensive lines in the country. I did not laugh after the game. Our front seven looked like they ran into a brick wall every play.

I remember reading on their message board before the game their fans saying they had one of the best offensive lines in the country. I did not laugh after the game. Our front seven looked like they ran into a brick wall every play.
    thats how I remember it, knocked us back off the ball a number of times.