TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West Georgia has $24 million for athletic facility

Default West Georgia has $24 million for athletic facility

Through student fees and private gifts to the University, West Georgia has a budget of $24 million for its football stadium. When was the last time we had the vision to embart on something like this? Not in a long, long time.

Here's the link.

http://www.westga.edu/~stadium/

2. Default

I love how the scoreboard end hills are terraced. Makes it much easier to bring in a bag chair and watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Through student fees and private gifts to the University, West Georgia has a budget of $24 million for its football stadium. When was the last time we had the vision to embart on something like this? Not in a long, long time.

Here's the link.

http://www.westga.edu/~stadium/
    I guess you mean "when is the last time we raised money for something big"...

because our stadium is already one of the best in FCS...

4. Default

This paragraph stood out.

Building these facilities now will help continue to attract additional excellent students, potentially driving our enrollment from the current 11,252 students to over 15,000 students. Once this enrollment goal is achieved, the institution desires to move from NCAA Division II status to NCAA Division I (Division I-AA in football) and play against such teams as The Citadel, Furman, Appalachian State, and Georgia Southern to name a few.

All the teams listed are Southern Conference.

What about the $24 million? Do you think Sam Baker could provide the leadership to acquire this type of funding for Paulson Stadium?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    What about the $24 million? Do you think Sam Baker could provide the leadership to acquire this type of funding for Paulson Stadium?
    I'm not sure. He has built a new baseball stadium, added the Bishop Building, Renovated the concourses at Paulson and added a nice fence, built the Cowart and Parrish buildings, added a soccer stadium, added the nicest golf facilities around, enhanced our practice facilities, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by BoroNative View Post
    I'm not sure. He has built a new baseball stadium, added the Bishop Building, Renovated the concourses at Paulson and added a nice fence, built the Cowart and Parrish buildings, added a soccer stadium, added the nicest golf facilities around, enhanced our practice facilities, among other things.
    All of those projects were "scaled back". The half a nice fence was a nice touch.

And the soccer field in the parking lot. That was smart!!!!

why not come up with something new... somebody has been blowing air up West Ga's skirt on several other threads about the same thing over the last year or two.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by 2blu View Post
    And the soccer field in the parking lot. That was smart!!!!
    After looking at all options... all in the decision making process decided it was the best and most cost effective location. Please note that they even have AC in the building.