TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball to play SC this year

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I thought we could only get games with "mid-majors", next time we win 20, we can say we won 20.
    We've never had a problem getting road games. We have had a problem getting home games.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    We've never had a problem getting road games. We have had a problem getting home games.
    Give him time, that will change too.

I am as excited about CY as anybody else. But I can't help but sit back and laugh a little bit about how much perception plays a part of this world.

CY signs 6'7 guys and we are bringing in some height. Price signs 6'7 guys and we don't have any height.

CY accepts road games againt big name teams and he can schedule. Price only accepted a few a year so he can't.

Hopefully CY can bring in that 6'10 banger and get us some home games against marque teams. But as of now he hasn't done anything that Price wasn't doing or capable of doing. But the honeymoon nookie always seems a little better.

I am as excited about CY as anybody else. But I can't help but sit back and laugh a little bit about how much perception plays a part of this world.

CY signs 6'7 guys and we are bringing in some height. Price signs 6'7 guys and we don't have any height.

CY accepts road games againt big name teams and he can schedule. Price only accepted a few a year so he can't.

Hopefully CY can bring in that 6'10 banger and get us some home games against marque teams. But as of now he hasn't done anything that Price wasn't doing or capable of doing. But the honeymoon nookie always seems a little better.
    Price never signed the caliber of 6'7 guys CY is getting. Price never exuded great confidence. This schedule this season is much better than anything Price ever put together. CY is also inheriting a team that is on it's deathbed with the investigation and suspension. Do you think Price would have generated the same enthusiasm if the roles were reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskins View Post
    Price never signed the caliber of 6'7 guys CY is getting. Price never exuded great confidence. This schedule this season is much better than anything Price ever put together. CY is also inheriting a team that is on it's deathbed with the investigation and suspension. Do you think Price would have generated the same enthusiasm if the roles were reversed?
    No price wouldn't have generated the same enthusiasm. Price wasn't "one of our own". Our fan base craves "one of our own" like nothing I have ever seen before.

And since you seem to know what the 2009-2010 schedule looks like (must have some solid conections) why don't you please share with us. I mean if it is better than anything Price ever put together then you have to know what the schedule is don't you?

Cy inheriting a team on its (not it's...it's not it is deathbed ) deathbed?. You can't sit there and praise the returning players like you have so many times and then give CY a pass for inheriting a team on its deathbed.

Half-n-Half,

I totally agree with you. Hopefully, as "advertised", these 6'7" guys are a notch above in athletic ability and skill than what Jeff brought in. We could definitely use a few guys in the 6'9" range that are true bangers who rebound and can also put the ball in the hoop!!

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    Half-n-Half,

I totally agree with you. Hopefully, as "advertised", these 6'7" guys are a notch above in athletic ability and skill than what Jeff brought in. We could definitely use a few guys in the 6'9" range that are true bangers who rebound and can also put the ball in the hoop!!
    Completely agree. I hope that these guys are the best 6'7 basketball players this school has ever seen. I really hope that we can land a big guy or that some of these guys we have signed play bigger than they are. If we can get one defensive presence, shot blocking, rebounding type center in here then this team is loaded.

No price wouldn't have generated the same enthusiasm. Price wasn't "one of our own". Our fan base craves "one of our own" like nothing I have ever seen before.

And since you seem to know what the 2009-2010 schedule looks like (must have some solid conections) why don't you please share with us. I mean if it is better than anything Price ever put together then you have to know what the schedule is don't you?

Cy inheriting a team on its (not it's...it's not it is deathbed ) deathbed?. You can't sit there and praise the returning players like you have so many times and then give CY a pass for inheriting a team on its deathbed.
    We have a great back court coming back, but have nothing up front. Add that to the loss of scholarships, and CY is doing a phenomenal job.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskins View Post
    We have a great back court coming back, but have nothing up front. Add that to the loss of scholarships, and CY is doing a phenomenal job.
    CY is doing a phenominal job? He is 0-0. Haven't even had a team practice yet. What the hell has he done that is so phenominal? Graduated from GSU?

I hope he does do a phenominal job. And I think that he will. He was no question the right hire. But I'm actually going to let him do something (other than saying the right things) before I give him praise like that.

And I wouldn't exactly call the 10 points and 6.5 rebounds a game that we have coming back from Tyler Troupe "nothing."

CY is doing a phenominal job? He is 0-0. Haven't even had a team practice yet. What the hell has he done that is so phenominal? Graduated from GSU?

I hope he does do a phenominal job. And I think that he will. He was no question the right hire. But I'm actually going to let him do something (other than saying the right things) before I give him praise like that.

And I wouldn't exactly call the 10 points and 6.5 rebounds a game that we have coming back from Tyler Troupe "nothing."
    Um, Troupe plays on the wing. He posts up as much as Willie Powers.

CY is doing a phenomenal(I know you have trouble spelling) job selling the program and GSU as a whole. When it comes time for boosters to give the program money, CY is the perfect pitchman, and he will be the bigger reason for getting a new arena than Sammy will. I fully expect to compete for a title this season.

BTW, check your pm's half.