TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Basketball to play SC this year

Friday November 13th vs Piedmont College at 7:30.

This is not locked in stone from what I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskins View Post
    CY puts together a top notch schedule in about 6 month's time.
    Yeah....it's so tough to say yes to a money game. I could have put together this road schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Yeah....it's so tough to say yes to a money game. I could have put together this road schedule.
    And with CY scheduling us to play more ACC and other bigger ooc schools, I would think more "big time" recruits will come knocking. It is kind of like a cycle. Players really and truly like to see just how good they are and GSU won't find that out by playing a lot of patsies

Playing NC State away from their home is hardly a money game.

CY puts together a top notch schedule in about 6 month's time.
    Why is it that road games against upper-tier teams are great now, but with Price, he isn't even trying to get a home game and he has no pull with scheduling?

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    Why is it that road games against upper-tier teams are great now, but with Price, he isn't even trying to get a home game and he has no pull with scheduling?
    CY isn't trying to get a home game? I guarantee you the home schedule is better this year than last.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    And with CY scheduling us to play more ACC and other bigger ooc schools, I would think more "big time" recruits will come knocking. It is kind of like a cycle. Players really and truly like to see just how good they are and GSU won't find that out by playing a lot of patsies
    Not arguing with that. My argument was that (as far as has been released) CY hasn't done anything great for a schedule that our previous coach couldn't yet. Now I haven't seen the full home schedule so maybe he has, but I doubt that anybody who is praising him for his scheduling knows it.

Playing NC State away from their home is hardly a money game.
    So we are footing the bill to travel to NCSU's old arena and play?

CY isn't trying to get a home game? I guarantee you the home schedule is better this year than last.
    I hope ur right. It sure would be nice to even see the UABs and Gonzagas of the world come in to Hanner. Maybe that would be a nice start and then one day when we finally do upgrade to a larger/state of the art facility some larger schools might be more inclined to travel to the Boro.

Not arguing with that. My argument was that (as far as has been released) CY hasn't done anything great for a schedule that our previous coach couldn't yet. Now I haven't seen the full home schedule so maybe he has, but I doubt that anybody who is praising him for his scheduling knows it.

So we are footing the bill to travel to NCSU's old arena and play?
    No. But you're acting like we are going to play Syracuse in the Carrier Dome. The check we get for that game won't be anything to write home about.

Georgia Tech released their schedule today and UTC, Mercer, and Kennesaw St are all on there. Why aren't we on there?