TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Power

1. Default Andrew Power

Hey guys, I'm new to the board, but I've been following things for a while. I'm from Myrtle Beach and know Valentine and Power, so I've been following their careers, along with some of the other guys from MB that are at other places.

I know y'all already know a lot about Jamere, but don't let Andrew fly under the radar. He was very good in high school (had an offer from Buffalo and some SOCON schools), but absolutely blew up in his redshirt year at South Carolina. SC's summer testing numbers were released on some of their fan sites and Power really showed out. He ran a 2.75 20 yard dash (I have no idea why they don't run the 40), which to my knowledge translates into the mid-to-low 4.6's. His time was faster than all the TE's, DLinemen, every RB except one, most of the LB's and half of the WR's. I think he benched 365 and I'm pretty sure he had the best numbers in every event for the TE's. He got some kind of superlative award, but I can't remember what it was.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

The only problem I see with all of the talented RB and WR we have now, is whether or not Hatcher has enough footballs to throw around to keep all of them happy.

Power seems to be fitting right in, but Sumner and Williford have some skills. Should be an interesting season. I'm just glad that Hatcher believes in playing a lot of guys, especially early in the season.

3. Default

Here are some youtube videos I just found of him. One is him dunking in the MB gym and the other looks to be highlight plays from a few of his high school games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB_CB...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ3uk...eature=channel

LOL...the Andrew Power dunking video is my new favorite video of all time. They're just straight power dunks...like Shaq...I love it.

WITH AUTHORITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    LOL...the Andrew Power dunking video is my new favorite video of all time. They're just straight power dunks...like Shaq...I love it.

WITH AUTHORITY!!!
    Man, for some reason the music in that video gets me even more ready for Eagle football.

I am thoroughly impressed... his blocking was awesome and he did a great job of jumping up and getting the ball.... We should ne in great shape with Sumner and Power at TE..
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

Great skills! Love the blocking.

Power is a big, fast, athletic TE. I can't wait to see the mismatch between Power and much smaller LBs. SC's loss is our gain. Welcome Andrew, we are glad you chose GSU.

Powers looks like a damn bully out there, I love that. Looks like a redzone type of guy, he will mash a 5 technique, wash out a 7 technique, and can get the jump ball..run behind him or throw him the ball either way awesome
    Go Eagles!!

Have they changed his number yet? I have not seen any chnges to the Roster in a while. They still have our players who are out due to grades.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!