TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What will the 2009 schedule look like?

Default What will the 2009 schedule look like?

Here is what the '09 may look like. Hate it that the Navy game was re-scheduled.

September 5 - University of Albany (Home)
    September 12 - South Dakota State (Away)
    September 19 - Elon (Away)
    September 26 - Wofford (Away)

October 3 - Chattanooga (Home)
    October 10 - TBA or Open
    October 17 - Appalachian State (Away)
    October 24 - Western Carolina (Home)
    October 31 - TBA or Open

November 7 - The Citadel (Home)
    November 14 - Samford (Away)
    November 21 - Furman (Home)

I would like to see the Samford game moved to earlier in the year. An open date before App & Furman would be great. There are three (3) dates open for another home game. Unless, we have a 12 game schedule. What is being said about 12 game schedules in FCS?
    Birds Fly in Flocks,<br />Eagles Soar Alone!

West Georgia, Savannah St., Valdosta St. or Fla A&M on Sept 5th at home only. No home and away series, and if we are going to travel as far as SD Why not find a game we won't lose money on. Perhaps Illinois, Indiana, Kansas State, Rutgers, Minnesota, Kentucky, California or Arizona Which one would pay the most.
    "If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”
    Tom Krause
    "If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, NOT the GOAL!" Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegus2 View Post
    I would like to see the Samford game moved to earlier in the year. An open date before App & Furman would be great. There are three (3) dates open for another home game. Unless, we have a 12 game schedule. What is being said about 12 game schedules in FCS?
    I read somewhere that starting next year - with the expanded playoffs -that FCS teams would play 11 (or 12 games) straight without an open week, and that the new first round games would be the weekend before Thanksgiving. That would eliminate the November 21st date as a regular season game.

Also, I have told the SoCon schedule has not been released...I think they are reworking it to allow for the new playoff weekend.
    We have the privilege of two Georgia Southerns...the one that is known, from the past and the present; However, we also have access to the Georgia Southern University of our ambition....E.Y.E.S. / Alum

Quote Originally Posted by gs_eagle4ever View Post
    I read somewhere that starting next year - with the expanded playoffs -that FCS teams would play 11 (or 12 games) straight without an open week, and that the new first round games would be the weekend before Thanksgiving. That would eliminate the November 21st date as a regular season game.

Also, I have told the SoCon schedule has not been released...I think they are reworking it to allow for the new playoff weekend.

Does this mean that Furman could possibly be our Homecoming next year instead of The Citadel?

This could actually mean that we may enter SoCon play earlier in the schedule next year instead of it starting with Elon?
    Birds Fly in Flocks,<br />Eagles Soar Alone!

Quote Originally Posted by WEAGLE View Post
    West Georgia, Savannah St., Valdosta St. or Fla A&M on Sept 5th at home only. No home and away series, and if we are going to travel as far as SD Why not find a game we won't lose money on. Perhaps Illinois, Indiana, Kansas State, Rutgers, Minnesota, Kentucky, California or Arizona Which one would pay the most.
    I would eliminate West GA and Valdosta State from that simply because after what happened last year I would prefer that we not play any lower division teams, even though they might help with attendance. I might add South Carolina State to the possibilities, but agree that it should be a home game.

Aren't we supposedly playing Albany (NY) on Sept. 5th next year?

I guess we need a FBS game to pay for the SDSU game travel expenses to break even.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

I suspect that SDSU is paying us enough to cover travel expenses. We might not make any money, but we should not lose any.

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    I suspect that SDSU is paying us enough to cover travel expenses. We might not make any money, but we should not lose any.

Why would SDSU be paying us? I am confused as usual.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Agreed, I thought when you do a Home and Home nobody pays out?